News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI 200 worth to switch from the OBI 100

Started by DonB, September 12, 2015, 04:11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonB

Hello guys, I've had my OBI 100 for a few years now, and have had no issues with it, I don't use the phone much, so it is mainly a backup. But is it worth switching to the OBI 200 since there is a sale going on now ?? What benefits would I have to switch if the 100 is fine at the moment, I know it'll take 4 SIP numbers now, but anything else I should be interested to make me make the move, looking forward to the responses.

Don

lrosenman

more processing power, later chip set, can set some google voice options so MULTIPLE accounts can answer.

drgeoff

The Obi1xx units do not support WebRTC (eg that green 'Call OBi' button on your Dashboard) nor the 'Link Devices' option on your Dashboard.  Nor do they support GV ringing multiple OBis.  See http://www.obitalk.com/ozone for links to more details of all these.

If you don't need the above and don't need the additional 2 SP slots, then IMHO you are not going to get much if any benefit from a 200 over your 100.