News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI100 Won't ring

Started by ITpenguin, September 14, 2015, 05:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITpenguin

When i dial **0 , 3 , 0# to have the obi call me my phones don't ring can anyone offer a suggestion? Just happened recently was working fine for over a year.

azrobert

What happens?
Do you get all the correct prompts, but the Auto Attendant doesn't do the callback?
Did you make any changes to the Auto Attendant DigitMap, OutboundCallRoute or any other AA parm?
Do inbound calls ring the phone attached to the OBi100?
Maybe a Factory Reset will help.

Please explain what you are trying to accomplish by doing this?

ITpenguin

Quote from: azrobert on September 14, 2015, 09:53:43 PM
What happens?
Do you get all the correct prompts, but the Auto Attendant doesn't do the callback?
Did you make any changes to the Auto Attendant DigitMap, OutboundCallRoute or any other AA parm?
Do inbound calls ring the phone attached to the OBi100?
Maybe a Factory Reset will help.

Please explain what you are trying to accomplish by doing this?

I haven't made any changes other the adding sip info all correct prompts come from the auto attendant. It doesn't call back and when I get calls from sip service it won't ring ethier but it show up in the history. It was running perfectly for a year it is just recently that this happened. I will try factory reset when I get home.

azrobert

When you call your service provider does the Phone Port LED flash?
If the LED flashes, please try a different phone or phone cable.

ITpenguin

Quote from: azrobert on September 15, 2015, 07:17:53 AM
When you call your service provider does the Phone Port LED flash?
If the LED flashes, please try a different phone or phone cable.

I didn't reset, but when i called obi attendant it flashed and i did the call back, the light started flashing faster again and i answered while it flashed and the call connected, just no ring. I tested 3 different phones it doesn't seem to be sending a proper ring?

azrobert

Is your phone plugged directly into the OBi100 or are you going thru your house wiring? If you are using the house wiring, connect the phone directly to the OBi100.

You can check the phone port voltages by logging into OBi Expert and going to Status -> Phone Status
Here are the voltages on my OBi110:

Idle:
Loop: 0mA
VBat: 57V
TipRing: 45V

Ringing:
Loop: 1mA
VBat: 76V
TipRing: 11V

These voltages will vary by a couple of volts
Make sure you click on Phone Status when the phone is ringing and not on the silence part of the ring pattern.

I never increased the ring voltage, so I don't know if it will help. You can do it using OBi Expert here:
Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> RingVoltage
Max setting is 82

If everything fails, try a factory reset using a paper clip.

ITpenguin

Quote from: azrobert on September 15, 2015, 01:09:26 PM
Is your phone plugged directly into the OBi100 or are you going thru your house wiring? If you are using the house wiring, connect the phone directly to the OBi100.

You can check the phone port voltages by logging into OBi Expert and going to Status -> Phone Status
Here are the voltages on my OBi110:

Idle:
Loop: 0mA
VBat: 57V
TipRing: 45V

Ringing:
Loop: 1mA
VBat: 76V
TipRing: 11V

These voltages will vary by a couple of volts
Make sure you click on Phone Status when the phone is ringing and not on the silence part of the ring pattern.

I never increased the ring voltage, so I don't know if it will help. You can do it using OBi Expert here:
Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> RingVoltage
Max setting is 82

If everything fails, try a factory reset using a paper clip.

Factory reset fixed the problem... Strange that it would just stop working out of the blue, Thank you very much for your help i really appreciate it.

steveken

I had the same problem as you, IT. Glad I found this thread or else I would still be working on it. LOL