News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

X-LITE On SURFACE PRO 3 (Windows)

Started by akballari, September 17, 2015, 02:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akballari

Hi, I am trying to setup my OBITalk (Softphone #) on X-LITE for SURFACE PRO 3 (Windows) and having problem establishing connection. I need help in Account Tab :

User ID : I am entering my 9 digit softphone number 290-XXX-XXX.

What do I need to enter for Domain, Password, Authorization Name ?

I had no problem installing and connecting with OBITalk IPAD and IPHONE Apps. But wanted X-LITE to make calls from my PC. Please help.

Regards,
Arun.

drgeoff

X-Lite is not enough.  You also need the PC version of Obitalk which AFAIK is no longer readily available for download*.  Without it you can never use the Obitalk network to make or receive calls on your Surface.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8790.0

(* But maybe you can find a copy!)

akballari

Thanks. Is there any other way to configure and access OBITalk from PC/MAC ?

azrobert

I was just about to post a reply to your 1st post when you posted again. I assume you don't have the OBion PC software.

You can access your OBi from a PC via SIP. What model OBi do you have? If you have an OBi2xx, you can register a softphone. The OBi1xx doesn't have this feature, so your softphone must be able to call without registration. Phonerlite is a softphone that will work without registration. You also need a free SP trunk on your OBi or share an existing SP trunk defined as SIP.

I not familiar with Macs and don't know if there is a softphone that will work without registration.

akballari

Thank You. I have OBI202 and have configured as below :

SP1- Google VoiceConnected
SP2- OBi RingToRegistered
SP3- Anveo E911 for RingToRegistered
SP4- Google Voice 2Connected

Appreciate if you can let me know how to define an existing SP trunk as SIP.

Regards,
Arun.

azrobert

Since you don't have a free SP, you need to use Phonerlite without registration. This setup assumes you want to route calls to GV defined on SP1. Use OBi Expert to make the config changes.

OBi202
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B SIP -> X_SpoofCallerID: Checked
Above will pass callerid to Phonerlite

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
{OBi202>(Msp1):sp1},{ph}
Above will route outbound calls to SP1

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
ph,sp2(anything@192.168.1.100:5060)
Change 192.168.1.100 to the IP address of the computer running Phonerlite.
5060 is the Port number for Phonerlite
Above will route inbound calls to Phonerlite

Download and install Phonerlite:
http://www.phoner.de/PhonerLiteSetup.exe
When you start Phonerlite I think a wizard will popup because no accounts are defined.
Proxy: 192.168.1.202:5061      (IP addr & Port of SP2 on the OBi202)
Click right arrow.
User Name: OBi202
Click right arrow.
Change Profile Name: OBi202
Click check mark
Uncheck box next to Register
Save

Dial a number and click the green phone symbol.
You can use the keyboard to dial a number.
Click red phone symbol to hang up.

drgeoff

The Obion PC software and screenshots of configuring X-lite can to use it can be found quite easily with a search engine.

akballari

Thank You. It's complicated for me to make changes. I think I am better off using web version of Ringto to make calls for now. I hope OBi will re-introduce PC client soon.

azrobert

You can make GV calls from your Gmail account. Sign into your Gmail and click Make a Call on the left bottom of the screen. You will need to install the Google Talk Plugin.