News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Auto attendant answers when calling home from cell phone

Started by etinork, September 17, 2015, 03:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

etinork

I just got my OBi200, and have it set up and working great, can make and receive calls just fine. My problem is that when I call home from my cell phone associated with my google account I get the auto attendant who offers just option 2 and 4, no option 1 to ring the home phone is provided.

How can I call home from this cell phone and have the home phone attached to the OBi200 Ring?

SteveInWA

That's not the OBi auto attendant answering.  Google Voice's voicemail system is answering, because the default behavior for mobile forwarding phone numbers is to do just that:  get you straight into your VM inbox so you can listen to your messages.

If you'd rather have the OBi-attached phone ring, then, from a computer's web browser, not from your phone, go to the Phones tab of GV Settings:  https://www.google.com/voice#phones

Click the "Edit" button under your mobile phone in the list of forwarding phone numbers.  Click "Show advanced settings".  Change "Voicemail access" to "No".  Scroll down to the bottom of the web page and click the button to save your settings.

etinork

Sure enough, that was the issue, and the suggested resolution was effective.

Thanks very much!