News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

experiment with csipsimsimple , sip2sip, callwithus, voip.ms

Started by kuan, September 20, 2015, 06:50:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kuan

I just did some experiment with this provider with csipsimple and obi. I report here my observation , it may useful for someone interested. my purpose is that when I  am traveling in foreign country with wifi  but without sim card  or inside building with wifi but without cell signal, I can access AA on obi to make a call. because obion on android is outdated reporting here, I will use csipsimple to make sip uri call. I register sip2sip  to make free sip uri call. My sip2sip account is myphonenumber@sip2sip.info. I have providers callwithus and voip.ms.
For the callwithus, I can call myaccountnumber@callwithus.com, my obi rings and receives call id setup by callwithus and AA processing call accordingly. then I try using csipsimple with callwithus call sip2sip using sip:myphonenumber@sip2sip.info or sip/myphonenumber@sip2sip.info or
myphonenumber@sip2sip.info. I did not receive a call in sipsip instead I receive call on my phone on obi. I setup callwithus on csipsimple using callwithus wizard. I observe that when I use test input on csimsimple, there is sip: myinput@sip.callwithus under my input. for example when I input myphonenumber@sip2sip.info, it shows sip: myphonenumber@sip2sip.info under my input. on callwithus website, it said sip uri format is sip/. I need to change csipsimple input format buy how?
For voip.ms, I call sip uri myaccountormysubaccount@sip.voip.ms or myaccountormysubaccount@chicago.voip.ms with sip2sip on csipsimple get error 404/not found and cannot complete call.I cannot make call to sip2sip uri also on csipsimple with voip.ms using text dialing. but I can use voip.ms phone book dialing to sip2sip uri and I receiced call on csipsimple. I call voip.ms with inum@voip.ms, I received call on obi but AA did not processing the incomming call id. calling between sub account of voip.ms with extention dialng is function but cannot function with sip uri dialing and phone book dialing. main account cannot receive extention call and can only receive inum call but cannot processing by AA.
it seems that callwithus can receive sip uri call but cannot callout with sip uri.
For voip.ms, it cannot receive call with sip uri. It can only callout with its phone book with sip uri calling.