News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Two Obi1xx and one router with Phonepower

Started by LeeG, September 22, 2015, 11:48:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeeG

I have an Obi100 and a Obi100 connected to my home router (RT-AC66U). I use one for work and one for the home.  I had both configured to use different Phonepower accounts. That caused the Obi devices to reboot and drop calls. I've since reconfigured the one Obi110 to use Google Voice and no longer have any problems.

However, the second Phonepower account is paid for and I'd prefer to use it if I could get it to work. I believe having the two Phonepower accounts coming into the same router was causing the problem and I'd like to think there's something I can do with either the router or the Obis to get both peacefully coexisting.

Personally, I believe this is a Phonepower issue and I just got off a chat with their Support. They blew me off and told me that their service can't cause reboots and I should contact Obihai. I told them that both my Obi's work fine if only one of them is connected to Phonepower. "Contact Obihai".

So, I turn here for help...   

azrobert

See:
https://kb.intermedia.net/article/3024

Edit:
SIP ALG enabled is a known to cause problems with the OBi. The article says the same. I never heard that it caused a re-boot. GV doesn't use the SIP protocol, so it won't be affected.

LeeG

Thanks for that. I had done some of that previously. SIP Passthrough is disabled. The Obi100 that is currently configured to use Phonepower doesn't seem to have any problems.

I'm fairly certain some time back reading posts on Obi reboots with Phonepower. Something to do with port accessibility. The recommendation was to put the Obi in the DMZ, which I did. That led me to wonder if there could be port conflicts if two Obis were being accessed by two different accounts.

Generally speaking, should there be any issue with this multi-Obi, multi-Phonepower account setup?