News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Simultaneous ring with GV on Obi110

Started by Phillies32, September 24, 2015, 01:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phillies32

Does the Obi110 support ringing multiple devices using the same GV account?  I reactivated a previously-retired Obi110, and after doing a factory reset and loading the latest firmware, it doesn't want to ring if I have another Obi device connected that uses the same GV account as the one I'm using on the 110 (I have a 1032 configured to use the same GV account as one of the SP's). 

I found another forum post (https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/voice/NXYd6Nf5L3g) that states that X_GTalkSimultaneousRing has to be enabled in Voice Services/SPx/Calling Features, but that setting doesn't appear on my 110. 

With both devices connected, if I call the GV number from a landline phone, while the 1032 is ringing, I can pick up the phone connected to the 110 and get dialtone, so it's not just a matter of the ringer not working, the 110 doesn't even "know" there is an incoming call.

I verified that I am logged out of all other Gmail/GV browser sessions.  I only one GV account set up on the 110 as SP1, no SP2.

I also deleted the 110 from Obitalk and re-added it.  No change.

I also verified that the 110 will ring the phone if the other device that uses the same GV acocunt is disconnected, so it's not a hardware/phone problem. 

Am I out of luck and just need to get a 200 series TA and re-retire the 110?

drgeoff

Yes, you are out of luck.  The OBi1xx devices do not support simultaneous ringing with GV.

However all is not lost. You can fork the call from the 1032 over the Obitalk network to your 110.  Both the 1032 and the 110's phone will ring and you can answer from either.

On the 1032 change the InboundCallRoute under the SP Service you are using for GV.  If it is currently ph, make it {ph,pp(ob123456789)} where 123456789 is the OBi number of the 110.  (It is on a label on the underside.)

(Above assumes you have Obitalk enabled on the 1032 and the 110.)