News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Setting for Ring Patterns - UK vs US

Started by Dr.Bones, September 23, 2015, 05:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr.Bones

Hello,

I've searched the forums, but I'm not even sure the correct terminology.  I had to delete and re-set up a sip account on my Obi302. The ring pattern is now the UK vs the US pattern when the handset gets a call.  I've had this problem before and someone at OBI fixed it for me directly, I'd like to know what settings are involved so I can fix it myself now and in the future.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Dr. Bones

azrobert

You need to use OBi Expert to view/modify ring patterns.
Each SP trunk can have a different ring pattern. The ring pattern is determined by a combination of a Ring Profile and a Ring Pattern number. These can be found here:

Voice Services -> SPx Service -> X_RingProfile
Voice Services -> SPx Service -> X_DefaultRing

The Ring Profiles contain 10 ring patterns each and are found here:
Ring Settings -> Ring Profile A/B

The default US pattern is X_RingProfile A and X_defaultRing 1. I don't understand why you are defaulting to a UK pattern. Are you using an XML file to configure your OBi?

If setting the trunk to ring pattern 1 doesn't fix the problem, look at Ring Pattern 1 in Ring Profile A. It should be "60;(2+4)". If it's not, just set it to default.

Dr.Bones

Hi AZRobert,

Thanks for the info, it was just what I was looking for.  I'm not sure how the X_RingProfile changed to B, but the same thing happened last time I set up the VOIP.ms sip service on this obi302.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Dr. B

drgeoff

AFAIK out of the box OBis do not contain any UK style ring patterns.

Australian?