News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

recording outgoing phone calls

Started by thelad, September 24, 2015, 08:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thelad

I am using Google Voice and using OBITalk to manage my OBI100 and 200.  I want to record an outgoing phone call.  Reading through the threads here and elsewhere, it seems there is that capability by accessing the web page via the IP address of the device.  I used the password shown in the OBITalk profile settings, but get an error.  Any help?

Louis

azrobert

The UserID and default Password are both "admin". To view the password from the dashboard, click on the gear icon next to the OBi. It's the Webpage Admin Password.

To record an active call, click Status then Call Status. The record button is on the upper left next to Remove.

thelad

LTN1

azrobert,

When I click record, it only seems to record sound from the line on the other side of the OBi. Is it supposed to be recording both parties or just one?

azrobert

Quote from: LTN1 on September 24, 2015, 02:44:40 PM
azrobert,

When I click record, it only seems to record sound from the line on the other side of the OBi. Is it supposed to be recording both parties or just one?

I only used this function once a long time ago on a test call. I just tried it again and it recorded both parties. I recorded the call on an OBI200 w/build 4822.

LTN1

My SoftwareVersion   3.0.1.4738 doesn't seem to be recording both ways. Maybe that's the reason. However, when I log into my OBiTalk, it doesn't notify me of any updates required.

After updating manually to the latest software version, I can record both ways.

restamp

FWIW, on my setup here (an Obi-202 with firmware 4581), the Obi record function records the incoming audio on the left channel and the outgoing audio on the right channel.  Any out-of-band sounds, like ringing and busy tones, are not recorded at all.

Perhaps your playback is presenting only one channel?

LTN1

Quote from: restamp on September 24, 2015, 08:18:26 PM
FWIW, on my setup here (an Obi-202 with firmware 4581), the Obi record function records the incoming audio on the left channel and the outgoing audio on the right channel.  Any out-of-band sounds, like ringing and busy tones, are not recorded at all.

Perhaps your playback is presenting only one channel?

Not sure on the technicalities but after upgrading to the latest software build (4822), I was able to hear the recording from both sides. I tested to see if it would record the ringing and confirmed that it doesn't. Though if I spoke during the ringing, it would record my voice.

GoogleFan

Quote from: azrobert on September 24, 2015, 08:43:32 AM
The UserID and default Password are both "admin". To view the password from the dashboard, click on the gear icon next to the OBi. It's the Webpage Admin Password.

To record an active call, click Status then Call Status. The record button is on the upper left next to Remove.

I cannot find the record feature. Was it removed in latest build?

LTN1

Quote from: GoogleFan on November 09, 2017, 07:38:53 PM
I cannot find the record feature. Was it removed in latest build?

You have to be on an active call to see those options.

Smerel

U can record with Google Voice by activating the feature in your account settings
Then during call press 4 & u will hear It say Call is being recorded. ( Both sides will hear the msg)