News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Trouble With My obi 110 and Phone Power Account

Started by wpollock, September 26, 2015, 04:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wpollock

Established service with phone power at first recommendation by obihai and for most part service has been reliable. two days ago I stopped receiving incoming calls and have been unable to make outgoing calls as well. contacted phone power tech support and was given a link with instructions to reset my obihai device and then resync to phone power. when I logged in to my obitalk account and followed insructions to "Delete Device" followed by "Add Device", my obi 110 device was no longer a option. I now have a soft phone listed as my device and the obi talk number has changed from what it was with my 110 device.

I have been calling obihai support for two days but have been unsuccessful in speaking with a live person so far. Currently I have a dial tone on my phone but receive a "no service available to connect a call" message when I attempt to make a call. My obi110 device has from left to right: solid green light,flashing green light,solid green light and no light. My internet connectivity works fine with no connection issues.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

wpollock

drgeoff

You have always had a softphone number. One is allocated to every account. It's number has no connection to the number of your Obi. (That is fixed at time of manufacture and is on a label on the underside of the OBi.)

A powered Obi should give dial tone even without an internet connection.

You need to do the add device procedure which involves dialling **5 xxxx where xxxx is a number you are given on the Obitalk page. Then the OBi should appear on your account.