News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi200 randomly reboot problem (reason 91)

Started by glasgow, September 29, 2015, 05:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianobi

1. Yes, you are right. I put it in the digitmap as a discrete item to make things easy to trace - so all (Maps) in the phone port digitmap match up with (Maps) in the phone port outboundcallroute. Also, it protects against future changes to the digitmaps Msp1 and Msp2.

2. Yes, but I advise against it. The OBi design puts 911 in the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute to give it the most direct way of being routed with the least number of digitmaps involved. The way it is now any changes to any sp/tg/vg digitmaps cannot affect it being routed directly to sp1. This is particularly important when using Trunk Groups. E.g. If you put 911 in the sp1 digitmap, then for some reason at a later date put a rule such as "xx." in the sp2 digitmap, then the Trunk Group config would route the 911 calls to sp2.

You might say it's a blessing and a curse just how configurable these OBi devices are. There are often two or three different ways of configuring digitmaps etc to achieve the same end. Sometimes there are logical reasons for taking one sort of approach, but sometimes it just comes down to personal preference.

SteveInWA

Quote from: ianobi on October 19, 2015, 09:12:59 AM

You might say it's a blessing and a curse just how configurable these OBi devices are. There are often two or three different ways of configuring digitmaps etc to achieve the same end. Sometimes there are logical reasons for taking one sort of approach, but sometimes it just comes down to personal preference.

To which I would add:  kudos to you, Ian... IMO, you're the only contributor on this forum who truly understands not only how to customize digit maps, but exactly how each parameter is designed to work, and why one solution is better than another, resulting in solutions that work without a lot of re-tries.  This complexity, and likelihood of breaking something, is the main reason I steer most users away from attempting to create customized configurations, as long as the OBiTALK portal can accomplish the same thing.

ianobi

Thanks Steve - when it comes to digit maps I would say azrobert knows at least as much as me and answers more posts. Also, any of us who know our way around digit maps owe a big debt to RonR. His explanations of digit maps and call routing are still a much better reference than the AdminGuide.

We need a good mix of contributors here - for example, what I know about GV could be written in very large letters on the back of a postage stamp   :)

glasgow

Thank you for your explanation ianobi! This is very helpful to me.

Back to the topic, so far so good, OBi200 has been stable since my last change. I will observe and report back if reboot happens again.