News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cannot Add Google Voice Service Provider without Paying $10

Started by baxtr, October 05, 2015, 02:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baxtr

I have an OBI110 (Firmware: 1.3.0 (Build: 2824)) originally configured with Sp1 and Sp2 as Circlenet and Voip.ms, respectively. I deleted Circlenet and wanted to replace it with Google Voice. However, when I go to device configuration and click settings it takes me to the Approved Provider page. If I select Google Voice setup on this page, I am told that Support and Warranty has expired (Apr 2012) and must pay $10.  Also, as a test , I tried to add GV  on Sp1 from the list of OBiTALK Compatible Service Providers  and got the same popup message: "Expired warranty and Support". The message does not appear for other service providers. So, it seems if one wants to add GV to an old OBI you must pay $10. Is there any way to add GV manually from the Obi Expert Configuration?

SteveInWA

baxtr

Well, thank you Steve for the the direct link to the procedure. I did a Forum search , but didn't turn up anything useful.

SteveInWA

Yes, the search tool in this forum is really a POS; external Google searches work better.  So, we can't expect new folks to find their answer by searching.  If you have any difficulty with the linked information, please let us know.