February 22, 2020, 02:27:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]
  Print  
Author Topic: Number porting to GV - my experience  (Read 4213857 times)
DigitalDad

« Reply #480 on: October 07, 2019, 07:21:37 pm »

Why can't you simply browse through the help pages?  They are set up in easily-digestible topics, and anybody with a 7th-grade education or above can understand them.

Personally, I've now walked you through starting the number porting process, which millions of people have done without assistance, and I now expect that you will make an effort to learn more, on your own, before asking more questions.

I just like to talk to people, sorry for trying to connect with you. I'm a little bored and a little lonely I guess, won't bother you any more. Thanks for all you have done for me, I greatly appreciate all the help.
dircom

« Reply #481 on: November 09, 2019, 05:57:51 am »

I have ported several numbers using T-Mobile over the years and even have a few sim cards left over.  As mentioned, T Mobile's least expensive prepaid plan is now $40 or $50 bucks a month.  Has anyone tried using the $10 Ultra Mobile Ebay deal mentioned. or the Red Pocket $10 deal?  If so did it go smoothly?

on another note, my # of Posts count has been stuck for a few months
racer77

« Reply #482 on: December 30, 2019, 09:29:08 am »

Can I port my landline number to Google Voice through my Verizon cell phone and not lose my Verizon number?
drgeoff
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #483 on: December 30, 2019, 11:17:02 am »

Can I port my landline number to Google Voice through my Verizon cell phone and not lose my Verizon number?
No and yes.

If you port your landline to your current Verizon SIM you will lose the Verizon number.

If you get another SIM and put that in the cellphone until the two ports are complete you can then put the original SIM back and have cellphone service on your original Verizon number.
MxxC

« Reply #484 on: February 11, 2020, 10:49:40 pm »

Hey folks.
I'm looking to port my number from FIOS to GV.
I was looking at the obitalk's porting tutorial page and it talks about using T-Mobile's pay-as-you-go plan. However, it seems like tmobile killed off that plan.
I was considering MintSim as an alternative intermediary step. Especially since right now their starter kit on amazon is only $0.99 (and $5 otherwise).
Would this method work? Can I port my number from Mint to GV?
SteveInWA
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #485 on: February 12, 2020, 03:26:49 am »

Hey folks.
I'm looking to port my number from FIOS to GV.
I was looking at the obitalk's porting tutorial page and it talks about using T-Mobile's pay-as-you-go plan. However, it seems like tmobile killed off that plan.
I was considering MintSim as an alternative intermediary step. Especially since right now their starter kit on amazon is only $0.99 (and $5 otherwise).
Would this method work? Can I port my number from Mint to GV?

I don't recommend Mint.  Users have had a hard time getting account number and PIN for porting.  Aside from that, a 99 cent SIM is just a SIM.  You need to buy a service plan, because you will need to answer a telephone call on that number, on a cellphone.  The lowest-priced plan they sell is $15.00.  Good lick finding anything cheaper, though.

--Steve

Google Voice Forum Product Expert

https://support.google.com/voice/community
MxxC

« Reply #486 on: February 12, 2020, 01:37:14 pm »

Hmm.. The starter kit from Mint comes with 100minutes and 7 days trial, plus they port-in for free. Even if I'd have to pay $15 on top of that it still cheaper than anything else I could find.🤔

If not Mint then what other low cost option are there? The big 4 all charge $10+ for sim card and seems like at least $40/month for the cheapest prepaid plan.
Taoman

« Reply #487 on: February 12, 2020, 03:41:51 pm »

Page Plus Cellular SIM card is $0.99. PAYG refill card is $10. I've ported a lot of numbers into Page Plus and never paid a porting fee.

https://www.pagepluscellular.com/accessories/byop-3-in-1-sim-activation-kit/
LTN1

« Reply #488 on: February 12, 2020, 08:21:13 pm »

Even if I'd have to pay $15 on top of that it still cheaper than anything else I could find.🤔

You're on page 25 of this thread. Did you look at the recommendations on page 24 (or the page before this one)?
MxxC

« Reply #489 on: February 14, 2020, 06:08:18 pm »

Even if I'd have to pay $15 on top of that it still cheaper than anything else I could find.🤔

You're on page 25 of this thread. Did you look at the recommendations on page 24 (or the page before this one)?
The last post prior to mine were from last year. As it was said on page 24, prepaid industry moves fast, so information on page 24 and prior might have been outdated. Hence I asked. My apologies for troubling you too much. Whenever possible I will refrain from posting on this forum so not to disturb you.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]
  Print  

Jump to: