News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cannot add device in obitalk

Started by igmic, June 17, 2011, 03:27:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

igmic

I cannot add my obi110 to my obitalk. dialing **5 1234 gives "invalid number". it seems that my obi110 isn't connected to the internet or the "phone" port is dead as there is no tone unless i connect the line to my wall.

dialing ***1 also gives invalid number. good thing a static dhcp is reserved by my router and i was able to use the wizard to configure google voice as my sp1. unfortunately, it doesn't ring when being called. it is also unable to place outgoing calls. call history is being recorded though.

yhfung

You have to confirm your settings are okay by calling the ObiTalk Echo Test number 222 222 222 with the following dialling key sequence.

**9 222 222 222.

YH
Hong Kong and China OBi Users Group
www.telecom-cafe.com

igmic

^ it does not work.
It seems that my unit is unable to connect to the internet. I have tried bypassing the router by connecting the Obi directly to my modem (which handles pppoe). I still don't get a dial tone.

M105

Static DHCP?  Either you have it set for a static address or you are using DHCP with the router assigning an address.  Which is it?

Can you reach the Internet on a computer plugged into the same ethernet port on the router?  Disable the wireless adapter on the computer and make sure you can reach the Internet with a cabled connection only.  If not you have a router config problem.  If so, try resetting the Obi to factory defaults and dialing the test number.

M105

Also...try a different telephone.

RonR

Quote from: igmic on June 19, 2011, 12:12:57 AM
It seems that my unit is unable to connect to the internet. I have tried bypassing the router by connecting the Obi directly to my modem (which handles pppoe). I still don't get a dial tone.

You don't need an Internet connection to get a dialtone.  An OBi straight out of the box at factory defaults with no connections to anything (other than a telephone on the PHONE Port, of course) should get a dialtone.  You should be able to dial things like *** and get the configuration menu and **0 and the Auto Attendant.

igmic

My router assigns the IP address based on MAC. I tried DHCP as well.

Yes, I can reach the internet using the same ethernet port and cable.

I have reset the Obi device numerous times already.

I tried several sets of phones.

I have access to the Web GUI though.

I tried downgrading to the previous firmware (as the problem only started after upgrading to the latest one via obitalk- yes, this was working well before).

I'm still not able to get a dial tone.

igmic

I tried the pre-release firmware, still no tone..

M105

Apart from something dumb like plugging the phone into the line port, I would say you have a bad unit.  Like Ron said, you should have dial tone with just the phone plugged in and nothing else configured.

igmic

Nah, this unit was configured and working well prior to the last update initiated via obitalk. Phone to phone port, line to line port. I guess the new firmware partially ruined the hardware. Is there a possibility that a firmware could fix this?

----by the way, it has come to my attention that our other obi110(different location) does not ring. obitalk says connected though. AA picks up but is unable to successfully bridge calls. this was what prompted me to reset and remove my current device from obitalk and attempt to add it again which failed (and thus this thread). I guess I'm not touching the other one until there's a clear solution.

LeftRight

Can you post PHONE and LINE status page when your phone is on-hook and off-hook?

We can get some clue if hardware is working properly by comparing status (TipRing Voltage, Current, ...) to a working unit ...

igmic

how do i make it off hook? it stays on hook whatever i do..

OBiSupport

Can you please email to "support@obihai.com"
Indicate your OBi110's 9-digit OBi No.

-Obihai Support Team

LeftRight

hi igmic, your PHONE port status looks problematic, normally, you should see hook status change when you have phone on/off hook. It is a hardware issue.

Please contact OBIHAI folks at support@obihai.com, you might need their assistance on this device.