News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Problem re: OBi200 Software Version 3.1.0 (Build: 4972)

Started by bluechip64, October 18, 2015, 04:48:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluechip64

Heard busy signal instead of normal dial tone.
Power indicator began Blinking Green/Red.
Updated OBi200 firmware to latest, Version 3.1.0 (Build: 4972).
Now almost everything works again... except External USB Storage.

Windows browser on LAN:
http://obi_ip_address/obi_share
"The requested URL was not found!"

http://obi_ip_address
Works OK.

Any info or suggestion appreciated. Thanks.

nsne

bluechip64

Quote from: nsne on October 18, 2015, 06:26:16 PM
Where'd you get 3.1.0 (4972)?

OBiHAI Troubleshooting FAQ > Alternating RED/GREEN

3. Download the latest firmware for your device to your computer:
- Firmware for OBi202 & OBi302: Click HERE

nsne

Odd. I'm only getting 3.0.1. (4738) through the standard firmware update link.

I was going to give 3.1.0 (4972) a try and see if I ran into the same issues, but it doesn't look like it's been publicly released yet.

nsne

So I managed to find 3.1.0 (4972) and give it a whirl. Yes, I'm encountering the same error as you for external storage: "The requested URL was not found!"

But given that I had to hunt to find the FW you're using, it would seem that it's definitely not production ready. Downgrading to the current FW, 3.0.1. (4738), corrects the issue.

chaloner

Well the firmware can be downloaded at http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-1-0-4972.fw

I just bought a few 202's and they came with release 3-1-0-4972. I believe there has been a typo somewhere/sometime at OBi that made it out to production and that the version should have been 3-0-1-4972.

On other OBi's I have the firmware is 3.0.1.4738.

There appears to be a few unresolved issues with this undocumented production release. I would appreciate comments from anyone else that has noticed this little problem... and related issues...

bluechip64

Went back to 4738. Now can access my external USB disk drive again.

Also Disabled: Auto Firmware Update, ITSP Provisioning, OBiTalk Provisioning
Is that enough to prevent auto partial updating of firmware and almost bricking a device?
Does the device also need to be completely removed from OBiTalk?
Are the partial updates intentional? Happened to me 2x, once in Sept. & once in Oct. 2015.

Webslinger

HFL12

I got the same version on my obi200, 4972.
Is this the right firmware to have because I see a version 4581 in the release thread which was suppose to be the latest ?

SteveInWA

4972 is the current firmware as of today.  Obihai has historically been very poor at keeping the release notes updated.

RFC3261

Quote from: SteveInWA on November 14, 2015, 02:30:53 PM
4972 is the current firmware as of today.  Obihai has historically been very poor at keeping the release notes updated.
Actually, that is recent history.  Previously they were fairly good, until "something" changed.  And while I can infer with the best of them what changed, those changes were also never officially announced.

ddalley

I just updated to the officially listed 3.0.1.4738, but I still haven't found a feature list.
Is there any documentation?

If 4972 is the current (and best?) update, they didn't make it available through their normal outlet yet.

ProfTech

To bluechip64; If you want to remove the Obi completely from control by Obihai you must remove the check mark from the Obitalk service enable box and disable Obitalk. But this means you cannot use obitalk either. I know this from experience because I had my 110 set up with everything on the Auto provisioning page disabled and my Obi was still updated by Obihai a couple of years ago. However, I would be surprised if they ever do that again, at least to the 100/110 series of devices. If you don't intend to use Obitalk I would recommend clearing the check box though.

SteveInWA

Quote from: ddalley on November 17, 2015, 11:16:04 PM
I just updated to the officially listed 3.0.1.4738, but I still haven't found a feature list.
Is there any documentation?

If 4972 is the current (and best?) update, they didn't make it available through their normal outlet yet.

How did you attempt to upgrade to 4972?

There are three ways that a device can be updated:

• dial ***6 on the OBi-attached telephone to check for, and, if available, apply the update.
  • manually download the firmware from Obihai and upload it to your OBi device locally.
  • downlevel devices that are added to the OBiTALK portal and provisioned for Google Voice will be pushed the update