News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Bridging Calls Through The Obihai 110

Started by ml4401, October 19, 2015, 03:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ml4401

Is it possible to BRIDGE a call through the Obihai?  In other words, I make a call originating from a different phone number, say my cell phone number, but I want to bridge my call through my Obihai,  so as my Google Voice number (that's connected to my Obihai) is reflected on the other parties caller ID. 
I have been researching this for some time now on and off, (i.e., the Google Search engine, Bing, etc.) and haven't been able to determine if this is possible or not with the Obihai 110. 

ianobi

The simple answer is yes - one of the main functions of any OBi is to bridge calls. There are at least three ways bridging can be achieved:

1. Call your OBi110 and use its Auto Attendant. Option 2 of the Auto Attendant is "make a new call". This allows you to dial using any service on your OBi110 as if you were calling from the local phone attached to the OBi110.

2. Using another SIP service or Obihai's own OBiTALK service you can send the digits to the OBI110 and have the OBi110 send those digits out of whichever service you choose.

3. Have the incoming OBi110 service you call recognise your CallerID (say your cell phone number) and have that automatically forward the call to one particular number using any service on the OBi110.

In all three cases, if you use the GV service connected to the OBi110, then the called party would see an incoming call coming from your GV number.

Any of the above do need to be configured. There are examples on the forum and helpful people here to advise further.

ianobi

Please give some more detail:

1. What services do you have connected to your OBi110?
2. Which service are you using to call into your OBi110?
3. Do you hear the OBi110 Auto Attendant announcement - a male voice giving three different options?
4. Check that the call is arriving at the OBi110 and where it is being sent, if anywhere. Do this by checking Call History. You can only see this by logging into your local internal OBi router page. dial ***1 from the phone attached to the OBi110 to get the ip address. Default username / password are both "admin". When you access the page got to Status > Call History.

ianobi

QuoteI 'am using Verizon Wireless (my cell phone carrier network) to attempt to call into the Obihai.

Does this mean that you are dialling your GV number to access the OBi110? It does look to me that your GV number may not be set up correctly and your calls are not reaching the OBi110. If this is so, then bridging is not the problem.

As I said before, checking Call History will tell you if the calls are reaching the OBi110 or not.

drgeoff

You must have 'Chat' ticked as in the screenshot.  Otherwise incoming calls to your GV number are never directed to your OBi.

SteveInWA

Quote from: ml4401 on October 20, 2015, 11:45:33 PM

I have Google Voice connect to the Obi110.  I 'am using Verizon Wireless (my cell phone carrier network) to attempt to call into the Obihai.
When I have attempted to complete the call through the Obihai, the call originating from my Verizon cell phone number (which I have listed as a trusted number) I get a recording (female voice) which sounds familiar---I think the call isn't going beyond the Verizon Wireless network--not even going through to the Obi110.

I haven't been able to locate how to configure the device to bridge a call through it.  I can't even at this point do it "manually" by calling the Obi110 remotely (from a trusted other phone number--in this case my cell phone number)  As mentioned the recording sounds like it's just the Verizon Wireless networks' recording stating the number can't be completed. (female voice)

There are several different things that could be wrong here, and you need to do some systematic troubleshooting.  It could be a setting on your Google Voice account, and/or it could be the way your OBi is configured.  You didn't answer Ian's question:

Check that the call is arriving at the OBi110 and where it is being sent, if anywhere. Do this by checking Call History. You can only see this by logging into your local internal OBi router page. dial ***1 from the phone attached to the OBi110 to get the ip address. Default username / password are both "admin". When you access the page got to Status > Call History.

Do the calls appear there, or not?

Next:  show us how your Google Voice account is set up.  Take a screenshot of this web page, on your computer's web browser:  https://www.google.com/voice#phones

Use a paint or graphics program to black out your personal information, except leave the last 4 digits of each phone number exposed.  Click the "Additional Options..." link below, to attach the screenshot file.