News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Phone rarely rings, I miss 70% of calls. Why?

Started by SkOrPn, July 02, 2011, 04:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkOrPn

Hello again everyone.

Since my last visit I have managed to get this thing setup quite nicely. I even worked on my cable system and doubled, maybe even tripled my signal from Comcast. All in bound and out bound calls sounds super crystal clear, nice job OBI..

BUT, I have an issue that I can't seem to figure out. Many many of my inbound calls NEVER ring my phone, which is my only way to know Im getting an inbound call. I discover missed calls only by opening my browser on my computer and seeing the GVoice notification on the missed call. My Mother a few hours ago got very upset that I did not answer my phone, yet I was sitting just 3 feet from it and I NEVER heard any rings or nothing, and I noticed that most of the phone conversations I have is ones that I make myself by discovering missed calls and calling them back. Only a few calls actually make the phone ring, like ones from cell phones I think...

Is this an issue with Panasonic phones, or a setting I need to set inside the OBi110 firmware?

So simple question, how do I force the phone to ring 100% of the time no matter who calls me. What steps do I need to take to trouble shoot this problem? I dont care about notifications on the computer, or my android device. All I want is for the phone connected to the OBi to ring normally.

Thanks
SkOrPn

p.s. Im on the latest firmware as of today...

RonR

Are the missed calls showing up in the OBi's Call History?  If so, they're at least arriving at the OBi.

There have been several reports of problems with Panasonic phones, so the first thing I would do is try a different telephone.  If your phone isn't plugged directly into the OBi (i.e. it's going through house wiring or an extension cable), connect it directly to eliminate any other possibilities.