News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google voice stopped working

Started by Tominct, June 17, 2011, 10:04:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tominct

Hi guys -
I have been happily using Obi110 for awhile with Google voice.   Just in the last day or so it stopped working. The google voice still shows up in the device configuration but now it says that the service is not configured.  I checked the Id and password and refreshing them did not change the status.  We had some thunder storms here, power was on, off etc.  Is there a chance that my device is fried or is this maybe some other kind of problem.  

Tom - 200 128 623

I forgot to mention, before it stopped working every once in a while I would hear a voice saying the call was being recorded.  These are normal calls, not to a bank or whatever, so it was unusual.  I ignored it, probably should have asked if anyone else had heard this.

RonR

A good general test for the OBi is to call the OBiTALK Echo Test : **9 222 222 222

The minimum settings required for Google Voice to be configured are:

Service -> Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> SignalingProtocol : Google Voice

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : A
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName : (Google Voice username)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthPassword : (Google Voice password)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_SkipCallScreening : (checked)

Tominct

RonR - thank you. the password had changed back to default "ADMIN".  took me a few anxious minutes to hit it - thought I would never get into the configuration.   Next I found that the signaling protocol had reverted to SIP and the username had reverted to default (blank) - who knows why.  I fixed these settings and the system now shows "connected".   Thank you again - Tom

LeftRight

Quote from: Tominct on June 17, 2011, 10:04:35 AM
I forgot to mention, before it stopped working every once in a while I would hear a voice saying the call was being recorded.  These are normal calls, not to a bank or whatever, so it was unusual.  I ignored it, probably should have asked if anyone else had heard this.

That is GV recording function. When you answer a incoming call, and you press a digit "4", your call will be recorded, and both you and remote party will hear something like "your call being recorded". If you do not purposely record the conversation, then, it is likely caused by a false DTMF digit ...