News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to pickup the desired SP ??

Started by vtsnaab, November 01, 2015, 12:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vtsnaab

I've got an Obi110 that works perfectly - no complaints here.

Both SPs are in use - one as the 'main' phone and the other as a back line used mostly to channel calls to VM.

So:
SP1 rings always;
SP2 rings never and is the default for outgoing calls so it is the caller ID seen by others.

I have forwarding for SP2 set up to a 3rd number which rings through to my Android phone only during waking hours - so I know if/when that SP is ringing.

If I am near the cradled Android this works fine - but if I am at the other end of the apartment calls usually get missed & go to VM.
However, the attached cordless phones are always nearby, so I can grab one when I hear the distant ringing - I just do not know how to answer that SP...

My query:
Is there some way (a star code perhaps ??) I can use when the forwarded phone rings to direct pickup to the non-ringing SP - that is, assuming the call can be picked up this way ??

Please be patient with my ignorance here as I truly do not know how to ask this any better - or if it may even be possible.

Thanks.

drgeoff

I think what you ask is not possible but perhaps there is a workaround.  You can have incoming calls on SP2 go to both the attached cordless phones AND forwarded to your 3rd number as now.  But maybe you can set SP2 to use a Ring Pattern which has no ring.

vtsnaab

Fascinating suggestion - thanks Drgeoff.

Now the question begs asking:
How would one make a Ring Pattern which has no ring ?!?

drgeoff

The Ring Pattern syntax is documented in the Admin Guide.