News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Forwarding Caller Id Question

Started by riddler652, June 17, 2011, 03:41:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

riddler652

Sorry if this has already been addressed elsewhere.  I have a question about call forwarding.

I have a Voip.ms DID number.

Is it possible to set up the OBi to forward calls to my cell phone, overriding the incoming caller's caller id with my voip.ms DID number and then place the incoming caller id or caller name in the caller name portion of the caller id?

My DID: 999-999-9999
Person Calling me: 111-111-1111
My Cell: 222-222-2222

When Caller calls my DID it gets forwarded to my cell:
Caller Id that I would like to show up on my cell: 999-999-9999
Caller Name that I would like to show up:111-111-11111 (or the actual CID name from the caller)

The reason I want this is I have set my DID number up with my cell service as a number I can call and receive calls from for free.  I need the cell company to see my voip.ms number as who is calling (so I am not charged for the call).  I would like a way to also pass the actual caller (number or name) in the name, so I can see who is actually calling me.  Doubt it's possible, but I thought I would ask.

riddler652

As I suspected the answer was in these forums.  Here's my setup.

Inbound Call Route: {(x.cellphonenumber):aa},{ph,SP2(cellphonenumber)}
Profile X SIP: X_SpoofCallerID checked

The inbound route above lets my cell call the attendant and rings both the phone connected to the OBi and my cell.  The X_SpoofCallerID puts the forwarded caller's name in the caller id name while leaving the caller id number alone which is what I wanted.

The only issue is that I found my cell provider doesn't suppor caller id name.  Oh well.

RonR

Quote from: riddler652 on June 18, 2011, 06:59:25 AM
Inbound Call Route: {(x.cellphonenumber):aa},{ph,SP2(cellphonenumber)}

The inbound route above lets my cell call the attendant and rings both the phone connected to the OBi and my cell.

Be aware that this will cease to function if you enable Call Forward All (*72) or Do Not Distrub (*78).  If either of these Calling Features is enabled, the InboundCallRoutes on the SP1/SP2 Services and the LINE Port are totally ignored.  Instead of going to the Auto Attendant, your cellphone call will either be forwarded (*72) or ring endlessly (*78).  This bug needlessly breaks all Circle of Trust features on the  SP1/SP2 Services and the LINE Port trunks if either of these Calling Features is enabled.  I feel this is entirely unnecessary and easily fixed within the OBi, but I've not been successful getting the Obihai folks to consider correcting it.