News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

One way audio on DMZ for Obi200???

Started by Sean_Del_Mar, November 08, 2015, 09:30:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean_Del_Mar

Hi
I am getting occasional one way audio (I can't hear but others can) in all SIP providers even if I put my obi200 in DMZ of my R7000 router.
When this happen I can't get any status (system, call, etc) in Obitalk expert portal.
Please help.
Thank you

drgeoff

Your last post here was two and a half years ago.  Are we correct in assuming your OBi has been fine since then until recently?  If yes, has any equipment, service provider etc been changed recently?

Sean_Del_Mar

My first Obi was Obi100. This one is Obi200 and I recently upgraded router from Netgear WNDR3800 to R7000.

gsmlnx

Check that the router has the SIP ALG turned off.

BigJim_McD

Sean_Del_Mar,

After I upgraded to a Netgear R7000, I had to disable SIP ALG.

> Advanced > WAN Setup >  NAT Filtering >
Check [ x ]  Disable SIP ALG

BigJimMcD

Sean_Del_Mar

SIP ALG has been always disabled.

I finally get it to work in both DMZ and with ports forwarding.
Problem was that obitalk setting was not provisioning to Obi200.

But I still having problem getting system status including call status, SP status and phone status from Obi Expert configuration menu.

SteveInWA

Quote from: Sean_Del_Mar on November 09, 2015, 08:58:35 PM
SIP ALG has been always disabled.

I finally get it to work in both DMZ and with ports forwarding.
Problem was that obitalk setting was not provisioning to Obi200.

But I still having problem getting system status including call status, SP status and phone status from Obi Expert configuration menu.

There is no reason to put the OBi in a DMZ, nor use port forwarding.  Unless you've done something wrong with your network configuration, OBi devices will work behind any typical home network router.

The issue you were having with system status was a brief outage on the OBiTALK portal.  It's working again now.  If you still have the problem, clear your browser's cache, cookies and history, close and reopen the browser, and the status should be visible again.  You may also need to reboot your OBi, if it still doesn't appear.

Sean_Del_Mar

Yes Obi100 & 200 were working fine with Netgear WNDR3800 without Port forwarding.
The problem started with Netgear Night Hawk R7000 router.
I couldn't get it to work properly without port forwarding.

mistera1

Regarding DMZ ...
Maybe it is just my configuration (Frontier Internet with a Netgear D220D ADSL2 + Model Router) but
I was never able to make or receive calls until I put the Obi into a DMZ.  It remained stuck in the "configuring" stage.  Once I put the Obi device into a DMZ and added port forwarding, rebooted the router and did a factory reset on the OBI, I was able to get it to work.

I wasted a lot of time making router changes then trying to re-add the OBI without doing the factory reset.  For me it seems that anytime I make a change in the router that reboots the router, I need to delete the configuration from Obitalk, reset the Obi to factory defaults, and start at the beginning.