News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice Callback through obi device?

Started by alexusXXI, June 18, 2011, 02:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexusXXI

I have obi device set up with two providers: GV as SP1 and other sip provider as SP2. I left Google chat in GV configuration unchecked because I want incoming calls through sip provider. Then, I'm placing a call through GV callback to some destination number using that sip provider. It always worked fine with other VOIP phone, however doesn't work with obi device. After placing a call, the phone attached to obi device is ringing and I pick it up. Then, nothing happen: there is no call made by GV to the destination number. I wonder if anyone know how to fix it?
I know I can call out using GV directly. However I still wanted to make sure I can use GV callback feature with sip provider and it seems like a problem.

RonR

I have the same configuration here (SP1 = GV / SP2 = SIP).  I just tried the scenario your described and it worked fine here.

Has your OBi been updated to the latest firmware?  I'm using : 1.2.1 (Build: 2384)

alexusXXI

Thanks for the info, that's interesting. I'm also using 1.2.1 but later build 2289. May be it is a bug of this build? It seems unlikely, right?
Actually I have one other issue, I'm not sure if they're related.
When I set GV as a primary line for outgoing calls, then both pure number dial and **1<number> works OK placing a call with GV, but **2<number> doesn't work i.e. it is not placing call with sip provider. But when I set sip provider as a primary line, then pure number dial still doesn't work!!! However **2<number> works OK. I believe it should not be that way?

alexusXXI

OK, I just updated a firmware. So it is 1.2.1 build 2384. Nothing changed: problem is still there. I guess something is wrong with my setup.

alexusXXI

Finally it looks to me like a sip provider issue with obi device, rather than GV callback. I'm using sipgate as SP2. This is what happens:
- when I make a call using **2<number> it actually connects everything except 800 numbers
- when I make a call through GV callback to sipgate number obi phone rings but nothing is connected (either 800 or anything else).
I'd appreciate any advise about this problem.

RonR

Quote from: alexusXXI on June 18, 2011, 06:07:11 PM
Finally it looks to me like a sip provider issue with obi device, rather than GV callback. I'm using sipgate as SP2.

Sipgate is not the VoIP provider I normally use on SP2, but I have a Sipgate account and temporarily configured it on SP2.  I then tried a GV call using callback through Sipgate and it worked fine.  It appears that the OBi, Google Voice, and Sipgate all play well together.

Quote from: alexusXXI on June 18, 2011, 04:55:33 PM
When I set GV as a primary line for outgoing calls, then both pure number dial and **1<number> works OK placing a call with GV, but **2<number> doesn't work i.e. it is not placing call with sip provider. But when I set sip provider as a primary line, then pure number dial still doesn't work!!! However **2<number> works OK. I believe it should not be that way?

Have you made changes to any DigitMaps or OutboundCallRoutes?  Make the four calls described above again and look at the Call History after each one to see what really happened.

Also verify that SP2 Service Status is showing Registered (server=...; expire in ...s)

alexusXXI

RonR, thanks for following up on my issue. I did not change anything in SP2 configuration. But just to make sure it is clean I removed SP2 and added it again. Yes it show up as "Registered (server=... expire in 29s)".
Then I did four calls. Call history show all four "call connected" but this is what I hear:
1. GV (SP1) is a primary account for outbound calls
**1<number> is OK
**2<number> no answer
2. Sipgate (SP2) as a primary account for outbound calls
**1<number> is OK
**2<number> no answer
Sipgate show two calls has made, apparently connection was established but by some reason not answered from other side. I tried also a couple other 800 numbers and it is same for all.

RonR

You might try eliminating your router by connecting the OBi directly to your modem.  Some routers don't handle SIP well.  Make sure you power cycle the modem after making the connection.

alexusXXI

Well, I don't have router, just a switch behind AT&T UVerse single model/router. Anyway, I think you might be right, this could be an Internet provider issue.

RonR

Since your router is integrated with your modem and can't be physically bypassed, you could try explicitly forwarding the following ports to the OBi:

SIP : 5060 - 5061 -> OBi
RTP : 16600 - 16998 -> OBi

The RTP ports are likely the culprit.  They carry the audio.

alexusXXI

Thanks, I think I can definitely try that. But I also have a VOIP phone also connected via sipgate which apparently uses same RTP ports and the same 2Wire modem/router and it always work with outgoing 800 calls made through sipgate.