News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Setup Obi in destination country

Started by Ub1u53r, November 16, 2015, 10:47:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ub1u53r

Hey,

I have an office in Serbia and travel around the world.
I have a local phone provider there with regular PSTN line.

Can I connect the line to Obi and have the incoming calls transferred to my mobile with the app and make outgoing calls from obi via the PSTN line (and pay only for the local charge of the phone call).

Thanks,

Omer

ianobi

The simple answer is yes, using an OBi110. Best results are achieved when using your mobile connected via wifi. However, the OBiON app has not been updated for a long time and may not perform well on your mobile. Have a read of the various OBiON sections in this forum.

There are other solutions if the OBiON app does not work for you. For example, If your mobile operating system is android, then you could set up a softphone on it and use in conjunction with a free voip account such as sip2sip and use the OBi110 to bridge your PSTN call to voip.

I am presently using a Galaxy S4 Mini running android 4.4.2 and the OBiON app does work when using wifi. However, it does not run in the background and I choose to use other methods to connect to my OBi devices from my mobile.