News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Missing device

Started by mickh103, November 21, 2015, 02:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickh103

I just moved house, when I plugged my OBI202 back in and connected it all appeared to be well, but when I tried to make a call I received a message saying my Google Voice password had changed (it had) and that I needed to log into Obitalk and also change it there. When I logged into Obitalk my device (obi202) isn't showing. When I try to add it I gt as far as entering the code **xxxx via my phone and receiving the message that it has been sent to the server - and that's it - nothing else happens. Anyone have any ideas???

SteveInWA

Hi:

This sounds like a mess, with a couple of different issues and possible causes.

The password issue is a hint that your OBi device has very old firmware.  OBi devices no longer use Google passwords, but instead, exchange secure access tokens during enrollment.

You mentioned an issue with the ***5 procedure.  Didn't you already have the device listed on your OBiTALK portal account?  If so, then you would not add it again.  Look at your OBiTALK dashboard, to see if the device is already there.

If you want to try to fix this, then:

• Ensure the device is NOT on your OBiTALK dashboard.  If it is, then delete it.
  • Factory reset the device:  use a paper clip to gently press the recessed switch inside the raised bump on the underside of the unit, for at least 10 seconds, until the power LED starts blinking.  Release the paper clip and wait a couple of minutes for it to complete the reset and stop blinking the power LED.
  • Don't try to add it back to the portal yet
  • Go to this page, and download the current version of the firmware:  http://fw.obihai.com/OBi2-latest.fw and make note of the folder to which it is downloaded.
  • Dial ***1 on the phone attached to the OBi, and note the IP address it reads back to you.  Enter that IP address into your web browser, and log in to the device.  The default username and password are both "admin".
  • Go to "System Management" and then "Device update".  Follow the instructions to upload the firmware file to the device, and wait for it to fully complete
  • Now, go to the OBiTALK dashboard, and follow the instructions to add the device, using the ***5 procedure

Did that work?  If so, then follow my instructions here, to configure Google Voice:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

mickh103

Thanks for that, I'll give it a try this morning and let you know how it went. By the way the device is not appearing on the dashboard, only the soft-phone appears.

mickh103

I reset the device, dialed ***1 and obtained the IP address but when I try to access the device from my web browser I just get the message requested URL not found. I checked my network status and the device is showing as connected. I tried Chrome, Firefox and IE, but none of them worked.

drgeoff

You have a 202 which contains a router.  By default the web server is only accessible from the LAN port.

Either put the 202 into bridge mode or temporarily put your PC to the 202's LAN port and change System Management, Device Admin, Web Server, AccessFromWAN to ticked.

But please note that GV can now only be configured using the OBitalk portal, not via the onboard web server.

mickh103

Tried the LAN port and it still doesn't work, just times out trying to connect. When I connect to the LAN port the power light goes from solid green to flashing on and off. Do you think the unit may be faulty?

drgeoff

I guess you just moved the ethernet cable from the WAN port to the LAN port.

1.  You need to keep the WAN port connected to your router. Else the LED flashes.

2. Temporarily disconnect the PC from the router and connect instead to the 202's LAN port. Ensure the PC is set to get its IP address automatically (ie DHCP not static). Reboot the PC and point the browser at 192.168.10.1.

LTN1

Quote from: mickh103 on November 22, 2015, 10:47:26 AM
Tried the LAN port and it still doesn't work, just times out trying to connect. When I connect to the LAN port the power light goes from solid green to flashing on and off. Do you think the unit may be faulty?

If you are trying to get into the local device (as opposed to using OBiTalk--the web site by Obihai), you need to follow the instructions here: http://www.obihai.com/faq/OBi202-sec/Howto-Access-Web-from-WAN

The link will tell you how to enable WAN:

Here's one method of enabling WAN from the Phone connected to the OBi:
- Dial ***0 from the phone connected to the OBi202
- Enter 30#
- Press 1 to Enter a New Value
- Press 1# to Enable
- Press 1 to Save

To put the OBi into bridge mode--on the attached phone dial ***0, 31#, 1,1#,1 (comma means pause and listen)

After entering a string, you could just hang up.

After having done this, you would then be able to update the firmware according to Steve's instructions. Not saying this will solve your situation but it seems like you haven't been able to access the OBi locally to make the firmware update.

mickh103

Thanks, that's got the device back on the dashboard. I'll try and configure it again tomorrow. Strangely though I already had the most current version of the firmware installed. Again thanks so much to everyone for all your help - very much appreciated.