News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Some questions on OBi200 Bluetooth feature

Started by VOIP_JoeSummy, November 16, 2015, 06:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOIP_JoeSummy

Can someone shed some light on the following OBi200 Bluetooth feature question?

(1) When a cell phone is paired to OBi200 through Bluetooth, and a call comes in to the cell phone. I understand that the phone attached to OBi200 will ring. But how about the cell phone itself?  Will it also ring, or will it stop ringing as soon as it is paired to OBi200?

(2) Related to Question (1), can I still use the cell phone itself to answer incoming cell calls, even after it is paired to OBi200, or is the cell phone becoming non-functional as soon as it is paired to OBi200, and I can only use OBi200-attched phone to answer incoming cell calls?

(3) After initial first-time pairing cell phone to OBi200, every day after I get home and place cell phone close to OBi200 BT, will the cell phone get automatically paired to OBi200, or do I still have to go through the same lengthy procedure ( dialing some star-code, or doing it from web-based UI interface ) to pair the cell phone to OBi200 each and every time?

(4) Is this Bluetooth pairing having any negative impact on cell phone battery, like the fact that VOIP app is a huge battery hog in smartphone? Will the pairing prevent cell phone from going to stand-by/battery-saving mode?

(5) Do I have to turn off the Bluetooth mode in cell phone for security reason after I leave home ( and turn it back on after I get home ), or is it OK to leave Bluetooth mode permanently turned on in cell phone? Will it attract/accept virus connection, even without prompting me?

SteveInWA

Haven't you ever used a Bluetooth headset with your cell phone?  The OBi is acting just like that, with all the associated behavior, minimal battery drain, pairing, connecting, reconnecting, etc.