News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Newbie question: How do I speed dial from Android Obion to Obi110

Started by mmr2048, June 19, 2011, 03:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmr2048

I have googled, read through the doc & forum here, but have been thoroughly confused now.

Basic question : How do I speed dial from Android Obi app to OBi110 connected unit ?

I have registered both on Obitalk account, with Obi dashboard showing speed dials 1 for softphone and 2 for the OBI110.
When I dial 2 (speed dial for OBi110) from Android app and press 'Call' green button, this is what happens:
1) I hear one ring
2) I hear what I think is the beginning of auto attendant. I faintly hear words 'main menu.' & then call cuts off.

On the OBiTalk tab in Android , I see my OBi110 device under 'Speed Dials' at position 2, with number **9<<my 9 digit OBI number>>. Clicking on it shows same behavior.

I have verified that the OBi110 unit is connected / reachable : I can call out/ receive calls via Google Voice.

Is there any other setting required in OBi talk ?

I got thoroughly confused by OBi manual PDF & various threads on OBiTalk forums that talk about specifying various 'rules' for call routing .. I have no idea how to specify these rules - so far , I've not had to configure anything besides my Google Voice userid+passwd 

jimates

What does the call history for the Obi show? Does it show the calls from the app as received and how long they last. You can check the call status while calling into the Obi from the app and see exactly when it disconnects.

From the Obi's web interface (obtain the IP Address by dialing ***1) under "Status" on the left.

If you set the Obi as your default gateway for the softphone number (android app) you should be able to direct dial from the app by just dialing a 10 digit number. Try a direct dialed number and see what results are.