News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

make OBI ring the TV

Started by Bogolisk, November 19, 2015, 01:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogolisk

Hi

I have an obi200 and have been pretty happy with it. Currently, SP1 is fpl, SP2 is voip.ms, SP3 is pbxes and SP4 is unused.

I have a android media box connected to the TV and can run sip apps such as CSIPSimple or SIPDroid.

I'd like CSIPSimple (or other app) to connect to the obi. I don't need/want to dial out from CSIPSimple thru the obi, I just want the obi to ring the phone and CSIPSimple when an inbound call (from SP1,2,3) came.

Can someone post some guidelines?

Thank you

drgeoff

Try this.

Ensure your Android box has a fixed IP address p.q.r.s. Run a SIP client on it.   For each of the Voice Services on the Obi change the X_InboundCallRoute from the default ph to {ph, p.q.r.s:5060}

Bogolisk

Quote from: drgeoff on November 19, 2015, 01:46:53 PM
Try this.

Ensure your Android box has a fixed IP address p.q.r.s. Run a SIP client on it.   For each of the Voice Services on the Obi change the X_InboundCallRoute from the default ph to {ph, p.q.r.s:5060}

well, that's pretty bad. The obi doesn't seem to answer the call, phone doesn't ring... :(

drgeoff

Quote from: Bogolisk on November 19, 2015, 02:00:09 PM
Quote from: drgeoff on November 19, 2015, 01:46:53 PM
Try this.

Ensure your Android box has a fixed IP address p.q.r.s. Run a SIP client on it.   For each of the Voice Services on the Obi change the X_InboundCallRoute from the default ph to {ph, p.q.r.s:5060}

well, that's pretty bad. The obi doesn't seem to answer the call, phone doesn't ring... :(
Agreed.  I wrote that without trying it myself first. Have now tried it with same result as you.  :(

Have also tried {ph,sp2(dummy@p.q.r.s:5060)}.  That does make the OBi's phone ring but not CSipSimple.

If you can get Obion for Android running on the Android box then {ph,pp(123456789)} should work.  123456789 is the 9 digit softphone number you see on the Obitalk portal and configure on the Obion app.  I can confirm that does work.

SteveInWA

As usual with VoIP, there's more than one way to devise a solution.  How about this:  create a sub-account/extension on whichever one of your three service providers that supports that feature.  Register the CSIPSimple client to that extension.  Then, you can use drgeoff's method, but instead of trying to forward to the IP address, simply forward to the SIP extension you created.  I hope this makes sense.  I don't use any of the service providers you do, but with my service provider, Callcentric, I would create a new extension, say, 17772771234104@in.callcentric.com, and then add that to the inbound call route, per drgeoff's command string.

Bogolisk

I thought this should be similar to setting up an IP phone and I followed the "Configuring an OBI Voice Service Bridge to connect a legacy IP Phone" guide. But:

• I'm confused by the different ports: 5060, 5063...
  • There's no option in SIP app (such as CSipSimple) to enable the "Send Resp To Src Port" option mentioned in the guide
  • I tried 6 different apps and none of them rang.
Connecting a SIP app to the obi should be straight forward  :-\, I'm obviously wrong....  :(

SteveInWA

Quote from: Bogolisk on November 19, 2015, 04:38:27 PM
I thought this should be similar to setting up an IP phone and I followed the "Configuring an OBI Voice Service Bridge to connect a legacy IP Phone" guide. But:

• I'm confused by the different ports: 5060, 5063...
  • There's no option in SIP app (such as CSipSimple) to enable the "Send Resp To Src Port" option mentioned in the guide
  • I tried 6 different apps and none of them rang.
Connecting a SIP app to the obi should be straight forward  :-\, I'm obviously wrong....  :(

I guess you didn't understand what I said.

You don't need to mess with any custom settings in CSipSimple.  Just create a new SIP sub-account or extension on one of your service providers, so the CSiPSimple client can register as a regular SIP softphone.  Then, fork your inbound calls to that SIP URI or telephone number, as drgeoff described.

Bogolisk

Quote from: SteveInWA on November 19, 2015, 04:44:40 PM
I guess you didn't understand what I said.

You don't need to mess with any custom settings in CSipSimple.  Just create a new SIP sub-account or extension on one of your service providers, so the CSiPSimple client can register as a regular SIP softphone.  Then, fork your inbound calls to that SIP URI or telephone number, as drgeoff described.

Oh I did

I just thought that's staying inside my Lan is cleaner solution.

SteveInWA

I appreciate technical elegance and simplicity, but all you care about is getting a notification on your TV when you have an inbound call, then either drgeoff's OBion option or my option (creating another free SIP account if need be) will do the job.  Who cares if it goes over the Internet...

To quote the Rolling Stones,

No, you can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometime you find
You get what you need

ianobi

QuoteBut if you try sometime you find
You get what you need

I use this function all the time as I have an old cell phone set up as a wifi phone which accepts incoming calls via an OBi to CSipSimple on the phone.

First set up a CSipSimple account that accepts calls without registration:
1. Create a Local account – it just requires an account name.
2. Long press on the account name > Choose wizard > Expert.
3. Long press on the account name > Modify account. Expert will prompt you for Account id. Insert accountname<sip:CallerID@127.0.0.1>
4. Leave all other settings at default!
Now go to Settings > long press to go to expert mode if not already in it > Network > UDP Port > change to 5482 (or whatever you choose to avoid 5060).

Second set up OBi InboundCallRoute (as per drgeoff)
{ph,sp4(CallerID@192.168.1.10:5482)}
CallerID can be anything, but I use same as in 3 above for easy call tracing.
N.B. sp4 in the InboundCallRoute must have:
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D -> SIP -> X_SpoofCallerID : checked
This can be a problem with a working sp. In your case I suggest setting up sp4 as a fake service provider and use that to forward calls to CSipSimple.

Fake service provider:
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D -> SIP -> ProxyServer : 127.0.0.1

Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> Enable : (checked)
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> AuthUserName : (any letters or numbers, not blank)
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_RegisterEnable : (unchecked)
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : D
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> CallerIDName : Whatever
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> MaxSessions : 4

That should get you going. It really can be made to work. There are posts elsewhere in this forum regarding using cell phones as wifi phones by myself and azrobert - this is just the same principle.

Bogolisk

Quote from: ianobi on November 20, 2015, 01:38:55 AM
QuoteBut if you try sometime you find
You get what you need

I use this function all the time as I have an old cell phone set up as a wifi phone which accepts incoming calls via an OBi to CSipSimple on the phone.

First set up a CSipSimple account that accepts calls without registration:
1. Create a Local account – it just requires an account name.
2. Long press on the account name > Choose wizard > Expert.
3. Long press on the account name > Modify account. Expert will prompt you for Account id. Insert accountname<sip:CallerID@127.0.0.1>
4. Leave all other settings at default!
Now go to Settings > long press to go to expert mode if not already in it > Network > UDP Port > change to 5482 (or whatever you choose to avoid 5060).

This can be a problem with a working sp. In your case I suggest setting up sp4 as a fake service provider and use that to forward calls to CSipSimple.

Fake service provider:
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D -> SIP -> ProxyServer : 127.0.0.1

Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> Enable : (checked)
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> AuthUserName : (any letters or numbers, not blank)
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_RegisterEnable : (unchecked)
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : D
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> CallerIDName : Whatever
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> MaxSessions : 4

That should get you going. It really can be made to work. There are posts elsewhere in this forum regarding using cell phones as wifi phones by myself and azrobert - this is just the same principle.

Wow Ian,

this works perfectly. The only drawback is waisting one spx. But other than that, it's exactly what I was looking for. CSipSimple even matches the caller-id to the Android contact list and display the contact picture. Missus was impressed! :)

Thank you again Ian.

Bogolisk

Quote from: ianobi on November 20, 2015, 01:38:55 AM

What is the problem this would cause?

My SP3 is connected to pbxes, it would be ok to enable X_SpoofCallerID for it right?

Thanks

ianobi

It depends on how you use your OBi. Most service providers expect to see the user credentials that it provides to you on sign up when you make a call. X_SpoofCallerID  allows an incoming CallerID to be forwarded to your service provider and the service provider can see this as an unauthorised user trying to make a call and refuse it.

I don't know enough about pbxes to say, but the answer must be give it a try. It all depends what user credentials it expects to see.

This may not apply in your case, but I find that I also need to enable the following settings in CSipSimple to prevent it going into a "deep sleep" on my cell phone:

Network > Lock WiFi: checked
User interface > Use partial wake lock: checked