News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

DTMF with Build 2384

Started by ProfTech, June 20, 2011, 08:23:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProfTech

I had DTMF working in build 2286 once I changed "DTMFRxMode" from Hardware to Software. After I installed build 2384 I couldn't get DTMF tones to be recognized with either setting. Had to revert to Build 2286. We seem to be having a lot of trouble getting a handle on this function.

LeftRight

What kind of phone are you using? Is it a US phone? Have you tried a different phone?

With "DTMFRxMode" set to hardware (default), I have personally tried many different phones (US, European, Australia), and I haven't seen any problem with OBi110, either 2384 or earlier version 2286 ... Digits are always recognized well.

Also, does the voice sound OK on this phone? how does the other party feel voice quality?

ProfTech

Using what should be a pretty fair quality ATT 992 SOHO phone. Been using it with Vonage for 3 years. Anyway, there have been lots of reports about DTMF issues in this forum over the last several builds. First it works, then it doesn't. 2289 had problems as well.

RonR

ProfTech,

FWIW, Build 2384 appears to have corrected the DTMF problems I was having.  If you'd like me to test a couple of numbers you're having problems with, I'd be happy to do so and report my experience.

LeftRight

Quote from: ProfTech on June 20, 2011, 11:07:19 AM
Using what should be a pretty fair quality ATT 992 SOHO phone.

Some other folks that have experience on this phone (AT&T 992) are also reporting the dialing issue. you may have a look at the Amazon review on this phone...  trying a different phone may give you a fair comparison.

ProfTech

Problem solved. The sequence of keys I needed to send included ** [star twice] and the remote system needed a pause between the two star key presses.

RonR

If you haven't tried enabling X_UseFixedDurationRFC2833DTMF, it's worth a shot.

LeftRight

May as well keep "hardware(default)" in "DTMFRxMode" option. It might not make any difference using "software" after all...

ProfTech

With build 2384 I ended up leaving "DTMFRXMode" at default and it seems to work fine. The remote end needed an extreme pause after the first asterisk that I never knew about, to give the other system time to "switch gears". I simply inserted a two second pause in the speed dial and it seems to work great.