News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call Waiting Dropping Call

Started by pc44, June 20, 2011, 06:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coldwater

I send email to support. Thanks for help.

Ronio

were you able to get a resolution?

I'm having the exact same problem.
Whenever I'm on the line and a second call comes in, I get the beep to notify me and then bam both calls drop without me doing anything.

Ron

pc44

I never found a resolution to this.  Just had to completely disable call waiting on both of my lines.  Perhaps a future firmware update will resolve this for me.  The larger problem for me now is one-way audio after a few days.  A manual reboot of the Obi each time fixes it.

Everton

Quote from: pc44 on September 26, 2011, 08:21:30 PM
I never found a resolution to this.  Just had to completely disable call waiting on both of my lines.  Perhaps a future firmware update will resolve this for me.  The larger problem for me now is one-way audio after a few days.  A manual reboot of the Obi each time fixes it.

PV44:

After reading your entire thread, I do not think it is a firmware issue, but related to your LAN setup.  Based on the feeedback/suggestion, I notice that no one suggested that you attach the OBi100 directly to the Modem in order to eliminate the Router as the source of the problem.  Is there anyway you could do that and test the call waiting feature?

Secondly, what type of internet service do you have?  Do you have DSL Service and does your DSL Modem also have a Router?  If it does, is it in bridge mode, where only one Router is active on your LAN at any one time (no double NAT)?  The issue of one-way audio popping up after the elapse of certain amount of time, seem to be related to something called "Stale NAT".

I have one those Verizon Westell 7501 Wireless-G Broadband Router that I brought for $9 when Verizon was trying to get rid of them.  I still have it sitting on my desk after testing it and hated its capabilities.  I would look into getting another Router if after the Router pass-by test, the Router is identified as the source of the problem.  You could buy a new VOIP-Friendly Router and test to see if the problem disappears and if it doesn't return the new Router for a full refund  ;D

coldwater

I also use Westell 7501, it causes this issue and other problems on Obihai boxes. However, it works well with my previous ATA box, cisco SPA1001.

I thinl the key for Westell 7501 to work is configuring port forwarding.

Obihai tech support upgrade my obi100 to beta firmware. Call waiting still dropped  calls sometimes. I finally give up using Google Voice for SP1 or SP2. I let GV forward the calls to sipgate then Sipsorcery and set Sipsorcery for SP1. So I use obi100 as genaral ATA box.  No call drop now.