News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

PC Call Manager

Started by steve181, December 04, 2015, 02:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve181

I am using Obi200 (hooked to analog phone) and GV as the SP. All works well. I am looking for a simple call manager for my Windows PC that will allow:

- call from contact list
- in/out call log and call from call log

I have a form of this in GV on my PC now, but I am told it is obsolete and will not be supported by GV. 

For example, GV currently does show an in/out call log when I dial the analog - obi phone or receive an incoming call via my GV number.
Also, on one GV screen it does a call from a fill in number box that views the Google Contact list. A better verson of this disappeared a few days ago.

I am told on the GV forum that these are Dead and Obsolete GV features. Is there a product that does these functions? I think I once saw an ObiAPP PC screen that does this, but I believe this is gone now also.

Thanks,

SteveInWA

I already told you how to make this work, three times, over on the Google Voice forum, yet you stubbornly refuse to accept the solution.

If you aren't satisfied with Google Voice features, then use a paid SIP VoIP service provider.  Several of the service providers regularly discussed here have call logs and contact lists, from which you can place calls.  Just one example:  Callcentric has a comprehensive call log, which includes buttons to click to place calls to the logged number, and it has a phone book feature to add frequently-called contacts.  You can set up the provider of your choice, give them a test drive, and cancel any time if you aren't satisfied.

azrobert

I use Phonerlite on my Windows PC. Use OBi Expert to make the following config changes.

Create a dummy SIP definition on SP2 like this:
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer: 127.0.0.1
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B SIP -> X_SpoofCallerID: Checked
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName: anything
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_RegisterEnable: unchecked
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile: B

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
{OBi200>(Msp1):sp1},{ph}

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
ph,sp2(anything@192.168.1.100:5060)
Change 192.168.1.100 to the IP address of the computer running Phonerlite.
5060 is the Port number for Phonerlite

Download and install Phonerlite:
http://www.phoner.de/PhonerLiteSetup.exe
When you start Phonerlite I think a wizard will popup because no accounts are defined.
Proxy: 192.168.1.110:5061      (IP addr & Port of SP2 on the OBi200)
Click right arrow.
User Name: OBi200
Click right arrow.
Change Profile Name: OBi200
Click check mark
Uncheck box next to Register
Save

Dial a number and click the green phone symbol.
You can use the keyboard to dial a number.
Click red phone symbol to hang up.
Phonerlite has a phone book.
It also has a log where you can initiate a call.

steve181

azrobert:  Thanks!

steveinwa: You need to sit back, and let others have a chance to contribute comments and ideas.