News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't Complete a Call Obi w/ GV from my cell phone

Started by tsheehan7, June 20, 2011, 07:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsheehan7

Hi all.  I've got an Obi110 with GV (and callcentric for E911).  My GV number works fine when called from every phone I've tried except my cell phone.  This is an android phone that is connected to the google account that my GV number is tied to.  When I call my GV number (home) from my cell number (a separate number from Sprint) it immediately goes to a voice that says "To access your account, please enter your 4 digit PIN."

I'm sure the issue is related to the interconnectedness between my google/GV account, my cell phone, and my home phone, but I'm not sure how to resolve it.  Any help is appreciated.

RonR

Your problem is with Google Voice, not the OBi.

In advanced settings for your cell phone number in Google Voice, change:

Direct access to voicemail when calling your Google number from this phone?

Yes (default for mobile phones)

to

No (requires pressing star during greetings -- default for non-mobile phones)

CVcal

I am having the same issue as tsheehan7.  where i was getting "To access your account, please enter your 4 digit PIN." message when using my cell.  The only difference is that I have the obi100.

I did as you suggested,RonR, but now it always goes to my google voice mail when i call from my cell.  like tsheehan7 says, it seems to work with every other phone, and I was able to do it prior to adding the obi100 in the mix.  Any suggestions?

RonR

Have you done all the Google Voice setup, such as making at least one call from your Gmail account, enabling (checking) the Google Chat phone entry in Google Voice, etc.

CVcal

I had setup gv about 6 months ago to try it out and have given out that number only to a couple people, but I use it from my gmail account daily for outgoing calls and had forwarding setup for anyone calling my cell to call gv(which i also used the Call Phone from gmail to answer).   I have stopped the forwarding on my cell so when people call my cell it doesn't forward.  I also unchecked all phone established on gv so it should only ring my POTS phone.  The last thing I did was removed my cell number from gv.  I had to wait a little bit but now it works.

Now that I have that working I setup my cell phone in gv again, making sure to uncheck everything you suggested and it still works.  So it seems like once you install you Obi device and hook it into GV then you may have to remove your phones within gv and then put them back in.(At least the ones that you are having an issue with.

Thanks for the help!