News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Future-Nine going offline regularly :(

Started by st167, December 09, 2015, 04:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

st167

I have been using Future-Nine service for my parent's home phone (for last 2 years) and lately it is going offline more often for hours or days ! :'(

Anybody else also experiencing the same problem?

I like the service (when it works), great price and feel like supporting small business...but now... it is coming to a point that I am seriously thinking of moving my service elsewhere.

Please share if you also are experiencing the problems, and any other VOIP you recommend.

Thank you.

SteveInWA

Get more reliable service from a better ITSP.  Most of the experienced users here are satisfied with (in alphabetic order) Callcentric, PhonePower, or Voip.ms.  All of these providers can be easily set up with pre-configured settings via the OBiTALK portal.

Speaking as an "older person" myself, your parents shouldn't have to worry about their telephone service, just to get the cheapest price.

Mango

While the problem is happening, try the following steps in order.  Do not do these steps out of order, or while the problem is not happening, as the results will not be useful.

Try to ping both fremont.future-nine.com and incoming.future-nine.com.

Try to change your OBi's X_UserAgentPort to 58714.  If you used OBiTALK to configure your device, you will need to use OBi Expert Configuration to make this change.  If the problem is solved, you may stop here.

Try to change from incoming.future-nine.com to fremont.future-nine.com or vice-versa.  This won't fix incoming calls, but you can test to see if outgoing calls work.

Now, change back to either incoming.future-nine.com or fremont.future-nine.com - whatever you used originally.  Do incoming and outgoing calls work now?

The results of these tests will help us determine what is causing the problem.

Mango