News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Goodby Ring.to, Merry Christmas, No more Obitalk

Started by Waterstone, December 16, 2015, 11:59:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waterstone

Anyone have any good replacements for Ring.to?
Got our notice today they are going to a pay service and on top of that, in the near future will no longer be supporting Obitalk equipment.

atldiyer

Just saw that today too.  Why won't Obi equipment work on a paid plan?

I just had a glitch with an Obi100 using Ringto over the past few weeks that they just patched for me. I had a hunch they were modifying things on their end for a big change of some sort.

artgriff

I have not received a notice like this from ringto, when will they start charging or stop service?
Thanks for the heads up about this.

atldiyer

"Early 2016" is when the email says it will transition.  Later in the email, it addresses Obihai users and says your existing service will terminate in the coming months.  It says they are looking at different partners to "find a home" for your phone number, and there will be more details in mid-January.

I read that to say they plan on not allowing Obi business in the future...  even paid.  I guess we will find out.

7bravopapa

There is a big thread over on ring.to about it.

https://community.ring.to/thread/2133

Here is the notice  https://ring.to/#newservice
---------------------------------------
Important RingTo Service Changes

RingTo launched over two years ago with a simple mission: help more people keep the phone numbers they love. In the spirit of moving forward, several changes are coming down the pipeline we want to share with you.

In early 2016, RingTo will transition to a paid service and will no longer offer free accounts to new or existing users. But don't worry, we're making it worth your while to stay with us!

How does this affect you?

RingTo users with ported phone numbers
Existing RingTo users with ported numbers will have until February 15th to convert to a paid plan or find an alternative provider.

GrooVe IP users
You will receive instructions soon on how to move your account to the all-new Groove IP platform. You can always track the latest GrooVe IP updates here: http://snrblabs.com/GrooVeIp/Upcoming_Changes

Obihai users
Your existing service with RingTo will conclude in the coming months. We are actively working with partners to help find a new home for your phone number where you can continue to enjoy using your Obi at home or at work. Expect an announcement with more details in mid-January.

Show your interest in a RingTo paid plan by January 1st and get the Early Bird discount (2 FREE months of service) by entering your email now.

RingTo is priced at just $1.50 per month ($18 billed annually) and includes:
Call forwarding
SMS & MMS
Voicemail
iOS/Android calling
Dynamic outbound number selection
Call blocking
Free number porting

ceg3

1.50 a month sounds pretty good if it's a good service.