News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Outbound Caller ID on Vitelity

Started by CBWEComm, November 16, 2015, 04:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CBWEComm

I'm bumping my head on the wall here, and searching google and the forums seems to show that a lot of people have issues with this or something similar...especially depending upon the provider. 

I'm on Vitelity, and I have a single DID assigned to a Vitelity sub account; I'm currently registered and making calls fine on this account but there is no Outbound Caller ID.  I've tried changing every field I can find on SP1 and ITSPA which look like they would be related to sending CallerID but I've had no luck.

The long term goal, is to have two numbers, one for each port on the OBi202... I dont know if this changes any suggestions.   I did see someone that said they had to set up the registration information twice and use SP1 and SP2 as well as ITSPA and ITSPB. 

Thoughts anyone?

pacman101

I've used Vitelity for my DIDs for many many years. Your answer is this: you must setup caller id on the sub-account you use for that DID on Vitelity, not on obi device or obitalk. This is in concrete via Vitelity, no getting around it.

CBWEComm

Dang....ok.  I was REALLY hoping to not have to create a sub-account for EVERY DID.   Oy.  :-( 

I'd changed the outbound caller ID in vitelity as you described; I was just hoping they would also accept something in one of the SIP Headers. 

Thanks for the info!  :)    (even if it wasnt the answer I was hoping for)