News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

how to configure Speed Dial #1

Started by ericalanwhitney, December 19, 2015, 12:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericalanwhitney

I have my Obi100 configured for Google Voice, and use the online ObiTalk interface to manage all settings. I've poked around the Expert Configuration section as well, but can't find a way to solve this:

How do you customize speed dial #1? It is currently grayed out, listed as "Soft Phone", and doesn't let me change it. I'd like to use it for something else.

Any ideas?

BigJim_McD

ericalanwhitney, 

I make extensive use of OBiTALK Speed Dials -BUT- I haven't found anyway to change Speed Dial 1.
It appears that "Speed Dial 1" is reserved by Obihai for the "Soft Phone" and can not be changed.
BigJimMcD

N7AS

The only way to configure SpeedDial #1 is to manage your device using the local interface. You must disable auto provisioning and only configure locally. You can't use both methods. It's either one or the other.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

azrobert

What do you want to do when dialing 1? You can probably use a Star Code. Start Codes don't have to begin with a star.