News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Setting up two google voice numbers on obi202

Started by sylvesterk, December 17, 2015, 09:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sylvesterk

My wife and I each has a google account and a separate google voice number. I have two uniden phones connected  to the obi202  two phone jacks and wanted to have each phone using its own google number.  I was able to get one GV number working. But the two phones are using only one GV number. How can I set it up so that each phone has each own GV number. Thanks.

SteveInWA

Hi:

This can all be accomplished using your OBiTALK account's dashboard.  I'm not going to post screenshots again, but here's a summary, assuming starting from scratch -- if you have already successfully set up both Google Voice accounts to work on the 202, then skip those steps.

Log onto Google Voice account #1 in a web browser.  Open a new tab in the browser (Ctrl-T).  Log onto the other Google Voice account.  Open another new tab in the browser.

Log onto your OBiTALK account.  Click your device to get to the next page, allowing you to configure its Service Providers (SP1 -- SP4).  Click on SP1.  Follow the steps to configure Google Voice.  When you do so, OBiTALK will send you to your Google Voice account via a pop-up window, asking your permission to allow OBiTALK to access the service on your Google account.  Look carefully at the Gooogle/Gmail/GV user name that it displays, and pick the one you want to use.  Complete the setup.  Note that there is a bug that causes OBiTALK to display the in-progress "configuring" spinner indefinitely.  Wait a few minutes for the LEDs on your OBi to stop blinking, then refresh the web page to confirm it's finished.  

Now, click on SP2, and configure Google Voice.  Carefully read the pop-up and select the other Google Voice user name.

After this is working, you now have GV1 on SP1 and GV2 on SP2.  You can now click on the SPs again, and select which line to use as primary, and which of the two phone jacks to use for inbound or outbound calling.

sylvesterk

Thank you, Steve!
I have the OBI202 for a couple of years and I gave up not knowing how to set it up.  Now it is working. It took me an hour to understand and go through the process. Now I have two working home phones. Thanks again.