News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Setting up Greeting with Google Voice with only the Obi200 phone available ?

Started by Cut-Throat, December 21, 2015, 08:31:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cut-Throat

Previous Ringto user and I have now set up my Obi200 with Google Voice. I am trying to personalize my Greeting for the Voice Mail.

The standard directions are to have another phone ring and record your greeting at this phone. My problem is that I am in the Bahamas and do not have access to another phone. I only have my Obi Phone and Google Voice service.

Does anyone here know of a way I can accomplish this with only the one phone? ???

LTN1

A bit cumbersome but if you can sign up for an IPKall number (that is usable with GV--as over the years people use it with GV and many of it gets tied up even when recycled) and Localphone account. Point the IPKall number to your Localphone account (you do this under the SIP URI (after logging into IPKall) using the Localphone # 7841212 then after the @ put localphone.com) then add the Localphone account to your OBi device under an available SP slot--then add your IPKall DID number to GV so it can verify. Once that is done, you will have the option when recording a new greeting in GV to use the IPKall DID which will then ring to your OBi, if properly set up.

Another route similar to the above is to get a free CallCentric NY number and set up an account outside of the the US (as you are currently--so you don't have to pay for the 911 fees). Once you do that, add the CallCentric account to one of your open SP slots in the OBi device. Finally, add the CallCentric number to your GV and once verified, you can do the same call recording using the CallCentric DID number.

azrobert

Call your own GV number. You will get a prompt. Select 4 to change your settings then 1 to change the greeting.

Cut-Throat

Quote from: azrobert on December 21, 2015, 09:01:44 AM
Call your own GV number. You will get a prompt. Select 4 to change your settings then 1 to change the greeting.

Thanks Much ! --- That's going to work great !

LTN1

Quote from: azrobert on December 21, 2015, 09:01:44 AM

Much easier route! I never call my own GV number--feel really stupid for giving the above cumbersome advice. Thanks for the much better directions.