News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cordless Phone Recommendations?

Started by AndrewG, June 23, 2011, 01:29:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndrewG

Hi guys

I'm looking for a new cordless phone to run with my OBI 110. My current one is echoey and I know its the phone and not the OBI cus it did it before I got my OBI.  Please be specific, Make/Model Ect.

Thanks,
Andy

Diana

I have this one and think it is a great unit:

VTech DS6321-3 DECT 6.0 Digital Expandable Three Handset Bluetooth Cordless Phone System

http://www.amazon.com/VTech-DS6321-3-Expandable-Bluetooth-Cordless/dp/B002JH1C5Y/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1308878051&sr=1-7

You can pair two cellular unit via Bluetooth for possible 911 alternatives.  You can also sync your Cellular unit phone book/contacts to the phone unit(s)!

jimates

there seem to be several problems with the common factor being Panasonic dect 6 phones.

I have 3 Obi's and use multi handset Uniden 1580 dect 6 phones on all of them.
http://www.staples.com/Uniden-DECT1580-3-DECT-6.0-Cordless-Phone-with-Digital-Answering-System/product_759402?cmArea=search_rr

That particular 3 handset model at Staples goes on sale for $59.99 with a $20 rebate quite often. I usually get a $20 off coupon from ebay or e-junkie.com for a final deal price of $20

RonR

Quote from: Diana on June 23, 2011, 06:17:15 PM
I have this one and think it is a great unit:

VTech DS6321-3 DECT 6.0 Digital Expandable Three Handset Bluetooth Cordless Phone System

http://www.amazon.com/VTech-DS6321-3-Expandable-Bluetooth-Cordless/dp/B002JH1C5Y/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1308878051&sr=1-7

You can pair two cellular unit via Bluetooth for possible 911 alternatives.  You can also sync your Cellular unit phone book/contacts to the phone unit(s)!

I have this unit also and highly recommend it.

There's now a newer version called the DS-6421-3:

http://www.amazon.com/VTech-DS6421-3-Digital-Blurtooth-Answering/dp/B004OA7258/ref=dp_cp_ob_e_title_1

Albin

Quote from: Diana on June 23, 2011, 06:17:15 PM
You can also sync your Cellular unit phone book/contacts to the phone unit(s)!

Can you explain how the sync works.  I currently sync my google / gmail contacts to my Android Mobile phone. 
Option 1: I would like to have a desktop phone that would sync directly (not through outlook, a Windows app, or USB) with my Android Mobile Phone.  I envision this being done via a Ethernet connection (the desktop phone would have a wired or wireless connection to my local area network) and sync directly to Google via the internet connection.
My guess is there is nothing on the market doing this. 
Option 2: Have the desktop phone sync contacts of my Android Mobile via blue tooth. (and my Andorid phone will sync with google) giving me identical phone books in all three places (gmail, desktop, and mobile)

I never thought I would want to sync my phone book with a desk top device, but with the obi1110 abilities there are plenty of times that this would be very helpful. 

One of the biggest problems I see is the potential of a limited address book (limited to 100 or 200 entries).  I have a very large contact list that is synced between Gmail and my Mobile Phone (3000 plus) (yes that is not a misprint ....three thousand plus)

Some clarification:
Although I do have Google Voice, I only use it for Voice mail (missed calls go to google voice for voice mail) I do not use it for outbound calls or incoming calls.

I would be fine with the Obi110 syncing with gmails contact address book (From what I know the address book size is very limited), but I am not sure how this helps with the Desktop phones,  How would you browse the ob1110 address book from the desktop phone to make a call?  Or would the Obi110 show the caller ids name based on how I have it in my gmail address book?

Sorry for rambling, the end goal is this:
To buy a Desktop phone that will:
-Three way sync of gmail contacts, Android phone contacts, Desktop phone contacts
-Sync all 3000+ contacts (I could live with partial, but would need to know how I specify which contacts)
-Be able to browse the desktop phone synced contact list to make a call to someone

Maybe there is a hybrid SIP / Analog phone that would do the above.

Has anyone seen anything that would do this type syncing or does the DS6321-3 or DS6421-3 already do this?

Thanks,
Albin