News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New Office Setup Question

Started by Brian_AZ, December 30, 2015, 12:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian_AZ

I am moving into a new office that has an existing land line. The land line is configured with a central system in the building. The front desk is able to page me through the existing land line to alert me to clients at the front desk.

However, I use Google Voice for my business number. I want to be able to receive both Google Voice calls and pages from the front desk on the phones in the office. I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this.

Can I connect the existing line to an OBiLINE, then the OBiLine to the Obi202 and then connect the existing phones to the Obi202? If I do that, will I be able to receive both pages from the existing phone service as well as my Google Voice call? Will I be able to configure the Obi202 to allow me to page other offices in the building as well as make outgoing calls with my Google Voice number?

One of the key features I need, besides allowing the front desk to page me, is to be able to transfer Google Voice calls between two phones. I would like my assistant to be able to answer the phone and then transfer the call to me.

Thank you!

azrobert

You should be able to do everything you want. Just connect the OBiLine to the building phone system and you will receive GV calls and pages.

You can send calls to the landline by dialing a **70 prefix. You would dial **7018005551212 to route the call to OBiLine. If the number you want to route to OBiLine is unique, like 5 digits you can modify the OBi202 configuration to eliminate the need for the **70 prefix.

# is the default to ring the other OBi202 phone port. To transfer a call hit Flash then dial #. After the call is answered hang up or hit flash again for a 3-way.

Caveats:
Some paging systems don't work with OBiLine using the default configuration. Some parms might have to be tweaked.

Some people have an echo or unwanted tones using OBiLine. The OBi110 is a better device to connect to a landline, but it only has 1 phone port. If the OBiLine is unusable, you can return it for an OBi110. This would be a more complex setup transferring calls between the OBi202 and the OBi110.