News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Is OBi 110 much better than OBiLINE?

Started by PeterR, December 22, 2015, 05:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterR

I have been trying to get an OBiLINE to work with a 202 and have had some problems.  I am considering an OBi 110, or giving up on OBi altogether.  What are your experiences?

The problems with the OBiLINE have been discussed here quite a bit.  I have bad echoes on some calls, but rebooting the 202 often solves that so I doubt it is an impedance mismatch.  It appears sometimes every day, sometimes every few days.  It also fails to read the CallerID or CNAM about 10% of the time.  The last straw is that it sometimes blasts DTMF tones into my ear at the start of a call but the other end can't hear it, then the next call is fine.  In short, the product is a little flakey and not quite ready for release yet.

I have also seen some posts about echoes and problems with the 110, but not as many.  If I replace the 202 and OBiLINE with a 110 will it solve my problems?  Or will I just be throwing away more money?  If I want decent performance, do I need to look at a GrandStream or Cisco?  I like the versatility of the OBi dial plan and soft/firmware, but is their hardware usable?   

MurrayB

I have three Obi110 in multiple locations which I have used for a few years with no issues. I have an Obi 202 that I use purely for VOIP with no issues.

Good Luck!

LeoKing

I also have 2 OBi110's that I've been using for years with no problems when I connected the ATT landline, MagicJack dongle, other VoIP lines to their line ports. I used to connect ATT landline & MagicJack to this port to use 911 when MagicJack still offered free 911. I don't have any experience with OBiLINE.

Mango

The OBi110 is a great piece of hardware.  The original hardware revision, which included the FXS-FXO relay was better, because it would allow a POTS line to function during a power outage.  However, both hardware versions provide perfect audio quality and DTMF detection.  I use mine daily.  Its FXO port is connected to an analog phone line.  I have also connected OBi110 ATAs to the FXS port on Cable VoIP modems, with similarly excellent success.

Perhaps the only other downside (besides lack of relay) in the OBi110 is that the jitter buffer is not configurable.  This is not a problem for voice calls, but might be a problem if you want to use an alarm system or credit card terminal with it.