News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Peculiar Digit Map Matching Behavior

Started by TTCP, January 01, 2016, 09:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TTCP

Hi, I noticed a peculiar digit map behavior in my OBi 110.

In my digit map string, there is one this item:    (XX.)

According to the documentation, the dot character means to matches 0 or more of the proceeding character. So my this digit map item should match 1 or more of the X character ( which mean 0-9 or * ).

But I found out that if I dial a single digit, say, "8", it won't match. But If I dial "88", then it will match.

Is it a firmware defect?

azrobert

8 is a speed dial number.
If speed dial 8 is not defined then you should be OK
What happens when you dial "8" ?
Any error message?
Where do you want to route the call?
Where did you define XX.
What is your primary line?
Did you add any code to the phone port OutboundCallRoute?

TTCP

Thanks for the quick reply.

I see. It is indeed the speed dial that is interfering my dialing. I found that if I dial "*" or "0", which is not in the speed dial list, then digit map (XX.) works as expected, and can process my dialing.

So a new question. What is the processing precedence of speed dial, in relation to a digit map, or a outbound call route?

If a dial pattern is defined in both the speed dial list, and in the outbound call route, which rule is processed first?

If a dial pattern is defined in the speed dial list, but NOT in the digit map, or NOT in the outbound call route, will this dial pattern still be processed ( by the speed dial rule )?

azrobert

This is how the OBi works:
Routing an outbound call is a 2 step process.
The Phone Port DigitMap validates the dialed number.
Rule (Mpli) will include the rules in primary line's DigitMap.
If the dialed number doesn't match a rule, you will receive a fast busy unless it's a star code.
If the dialed number matches a rule in the DigitMap the phone port outbound call route will route the call to the primary line using rule {(Mpli):pli}
If the number doesn't match a rule in the outbound route, you will get message "No routes available".

Processing Precedence:
1) Phone port DigitMap
2) Star Code (Must NOT explicitly match a rule in the DigitMap)
    Star codes don't have to begin with a star.
3) Speed Dial number (Must be defined in the DigitMap)
   Default rules [1-9]S9  and [1-9][0-9]S9 will match speed dial numbers.
4) Phone port outbound route