News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

no any phone tones on OBI202

Started by zacharach, February 05, 2016, 10:41:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zacharach

Hello,

my OBI202 No: 202 728 914
has no any phone tone, i try to restore factory and update newest firmware, but still no any phone tone on phone1 and phone2 port, every lights are normal, and can login system to configure anything, so how can i do?

Sincerely!

StudioMusician

I had this same problem on a 110 and was told no dial tone = a dead modem.

I hope someone on here can confirm, but that's what I was told by Obi Support.

Sorry for the bad news...  I hope I'm wrong, but Obi Support will let you know.

Call them before your warranty is up on your modem if you can.

drgeoff

No dial tone can be caused by:

1. Faulty phone cord.

2. Faulty phone.

3. Faulty OBi device.

4. Faulty OBi PSU.

The first two are best checked by substitution. Ensure you check by plugging directly into the OBi,  not via doublers or house wiring.

No dial tone is NOT caused by a faulty modem,  unless by "modem" you mean the OBi device. A working OBi will give dial tone even without anything connected to its network port.

zacharach

Thank you guys!
my phone is okay,
the OBI support told me that i need buy a new one from Amazon because this one was already out of warranty.

dircom

Quote from: zacharach on February 08, 2016, 03:59:25 PM
Thank you guys!
my phone is okay,
the OBI support told me that i need buy a new one from Amazon because this one was already out of warranty.

Obi support is saying it is out of warranty, they won't help you, buy a new device.
You say the phone is good, as drgeoff says, the power supply could be defective.

A UPS helps protect your modem/router/computer/ obi etc from surges/spikes/brownouts, and power interruptions