News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obline

Started by tseward, January 05, 2016, 03:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tseward

Is it possible to use obiline to bridge a company phone system that uses 8 as the outgoing line?  Something like ##8555-555-1212? Is there any thought to allowing this if not? I like having the 1032 connected to my GV but would love to get rid of the other business line on my desk.

azrobert

You don't need the ## prefix, just an 11 digit number starting with 8.
You will need to make the following configuration changes using OBi Expert.

IP Phone -> Phone Settings -> DigitMap
Add the following AFTER the beginning parenthesis: (Mli)|

IP Phone -> Phone Settings -> OutboundCallRoute:
Add the following to the beginning: {(Mli):li},

Line Interface -> Line1 -> DigitMap: (8xxxxxxxxxx)

Now dial 84805551212

Be aware that some people experience an echo or hear unwanted tones using OBiLine.

Edit:
You can use the default configuration without any changes to route calls to OBiLine.
Dial the number like this: **7084805551212

tseward

Azrobert - Thanks for the help. I follow what you are saying just that when I go ito the Obi Expert mode it does not let me make any changes to what is in the default settings.

Is there something that I need to do first to make the fields editable. Sorry I am not new to Obi but am to customizing it.

azrobert

You need to uncheck both boxes to the right of the value.

tseward

Thanks, Wish the documentation was more specific. 

So I tried to get it to work but all I get is a flashing obiline and requested service not available at the moment. 

Just to be clear: I am trying to connect my obi 1032 to my companies office phone (I am not sure what kind of PBX it is but the phone device is intertel).  On my company phone I need to dial 8 or the outgoing button to get an outside line.  My goal is to get rid of the extra phone so I don't have two on my desk.  Is this possible with the obline?

drgeoff

Are you certain that the PABX takes conventional analogue phones? Digital PBXs sometimes use special phones.