News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obihai and Voxalot ?

Started by Chao, June 24, 2011, 08:19:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chao

Hi,

I would like to set up Voxalot as my 2nd SP. Reason:

1) I will be able to put nonoh into my voxalot then the dial plan is very easy to handle with voxalot web portal.
2) I have another DID in another country. I will be able to map my DID to my voxalot account.

By putting nonoh as my 2nd SP, calling out is fine. But I can not map my DID into nonoh since nonoh does not accept anonymous SIP calls.

My questions:

I put Voxalot as my 2nd SP. I can call out, the called party was ringing. But we can not talk with each other. So voxalot and Obihai is not compatible? Or do I need do anything on my router (running Tomato)?

Thanks.

RonR

I have my Voxalot account configured on SP2 of an OBi100 and it works fine.

Exactly what do you experience when you can not talk with each other?

Chao

Quote from: RonR on June 24, 2011, 10:01:33 AM
I have my Voxalot account configured on SP2 of an OBi100 and it works fine.

Exactly what do you experience when you can not talk with each other?

It is one-way audio. I call my cell phone from my Obihai phone. Obihai phone can hear the ring back tone and my cell phone rings. But after my cell phone picks up, my cell phone can hear my Obihai phone but my obihai phone can NOT hear my cell phone.

Do I need do a port forwarding or DMZ on my Tomato router? Do I need set STUN server on Obihai?

Thanks.

RonR

Quote from: Chao on June 24, 2011, 09:16:08 PM
Do I need do a port forwarding or DMZ on my Tomato router? Do I need set STUN server on Obihai?

I also use Tomato and also use port forwarding (RTP and SIP) as well as a STUN server.  No audio problems here.

Chao

I made it work by doing porting forwarding (both RTP and SIP) on my router AND change my proxy server from us.voxalot.com to eu.voxalot.com. Voxalot US server may have some issues for me these days.

Thanks a lot, RonR.

RonR

Voxalot has always been a bit cantankerous when it it comes to audio issues.  I think it has to do with using a blend of Asterisk and OpenSER.

I'm glad to hear you got it straightened out.