News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi1022, cannot register on obitalk and set up for 2 days now

Started by anthonyk, January 17, 2016, 10:52:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthonyk

Here is the message I receive every time.
"This device is customized for another service provider and cannot be added to your account!"
I tried everything I could possibly find on the internet including hard reset to factory settings, enabling DMZ on my router and a few more things including resetting the account under different email and what ever you cam imagine. I email the support but i need it to work on Monday. I thought it was supposed to be easy... that is what they say on Amazon and OBi website :). It dials **9 222 222 222 and does the test no problems.
??? By the way it seems like I am the only one who ran into this problem. I cannot find one message with the same problem on this forum or anywhere on the internet?

drgeoff

My guess is that someone else has had this device before you and registered it to an Obitalk account.  Then he/she returned it but did not remove it from the account.

If that is what has happened, nothing you do on the 1022 or the Obitalk control panel will remedy the situation.  Ask the seller.

https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7484.0

SteveInWA

Quote from: anthonyk on January 17, 2016, 10:52:06 AM
Here is the message I receive every time.
"This device is customized for another service provider and cannot be added to your account!"
I tried everything I could possibly find on the internet including hard reset to factory settings, enabling DMZ on my router and a few more things including resetting the account under different email and what ever you cam imagine. I email the support but i need it to work on Monday. I thought it was supposed to be easy... that is what they say on Amazon and OBi website :). It dials **9 222 222 222 and does the test no problems.
??? By the way it seems like I am the only one who ran into this problem. I cannot find one message with the same problem on this forum or anywhere on the internet?

It would have been helpful if you mentioned how/where you purchased the phone.  You unwittingly bought a phone that was sold and provisioned by a service provider, and it's locked to that provider.

If you bought it new from Amazon or another authorized dealer, then return it to them, as you were sold a used device.  If you bought it from a private party, then you've been scammed; good luck getting your money back.

anthonyk

Thank you guy. I bought it from Amazon. And I followed the link from this page to buy it. Although it was $10 cheaper. It all came nicely package as a new item with the receipt and all. I will call the support tomorrow and see if they can help, if not I will send it back. I just wasted two days on it.

SteveInWA

My theory:  somebody acquired the product, set it up with one of Obihai's managed service providers (i.e. Nextiva), didn't like it and returned it.  Amazon resold it as new.  Just exchange it for another one and you'l be all set.