News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Wireless Network Connectivity after ObiWiFi Install

Started by Charlie123, January 19, 2016, 06:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie123

I purchased an Obi200 last week and it worked fine with the provided ethernet cable.  I then purchased an ObiWiFi wireless adapter.  I had difficulty with the provided instructions.  For example the ObiWiFi_Setup network was not appearing until a long delay.  I'm not sure what I did, but when I connected my PC to that network, now I can no longer connect my PC wirelessly to my modem.  I can only connect to my modem now with an ethernet cable.  I've tried every option I can think of: rebooting the PC, unplugging and plugging back in the modem, deleting the wireless network from my PC, and so on.  The network appears as "Unidentified Network (5-digit network name)", and indicates "Access: Limited Connectivity".  When I go to Network and Sharing Center, it appears listed as "Unidentified Network (Public Network)".  My OS is Windows Vista.

Appreciate any advice.

drgeoff

You only connect to ObiWiFi_Setup to configure the OBiWiFi with the settings needed to connect it to your router's Wi-Fi.  Once the ObiWiFi has connected to the router's Wi-Fi the ObiWiFi_Setup SSID should disappear.  You then set your PC to connect to the router as initially.

http://www.obihai.com/faq/OBiWiFi-sec/How-do-I-set-up-OBiWiFi