News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

URL Calls

Started by Augusto, June 24, 2011, 11:18:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Augusto

Hello,

Can Obi100 be used to make SIP URL calls, for example, call john@sipserver.com instead of calling John via a DID number? Also, can I make a regular XMPP call (ie, use Google Talk as opposed to Google Voice) by calling a Google e-mail address? I suppose this would be done by setting up a speed dial entry, is this correct?

Also, is it possible to use Obi100 to connect to a XMPP server other than Google's, such as jabber.org?

I actually only need to know if the device can do these things, not how to do them.

Thank you.
Augusto.

RonR

Quote from: Augusto on June 24, 2011, 11:18:21 AM
Can Obi100 be used to make SIP URL calls, for example, call john@sipserver.com instead of calling John via a DID number?

Yes, as long as you have a SIP provider configured on SP1 and/or SP2.  If you don't have a SIP provider currently configured but SP1 or SP2 is not being used, a dummy SIP configuration can be used.

Set up a Speed Dial : SPx(john@sipserver.com)

where SPx is SP1 or SP2, whichever is configured for SIP.

If the username is a number, such as 18005551212@tf.callwithus.com, you can dial it from the phone as:

18005551212*204*74*220*162

Augusto

And regarding the XMPP server address, does anybody know if it is possible to change from the default (which must be talk.google.com)?