News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Unknown Speed Dials

Started by dvbhardware, June 24, 2011, 02:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dvbhardware

I have 2 speed dials 1 & 2 with the following value. I did not put them there or what they are. are they superposed to be there

1 - **9ob300xxxxxxx
2 - **9300xxxxxxx

Thanks
Jimmy

RonR

The OBiTALK configuration facility forces Speed Dial #1 to be your OBiON number, whether you use it or not.  I think it also adds Speed Dials for any other devices you add (why would you want a Speed Dial to your own OBi number?).  You can delete all but the first one at the OBiTALK configuration facility.  If you stop using the OBiTALK configuration facilty and configure your OBi manually (Auto Provisioning must be disabled), Speed Dials (and everything else) will be totally under your control.

jimates

(why would you want a Speed Dial to your own OBi number?).  

Seems odd at first, but I think the Obion number for the same account will use the same speed dial list. So that would be to speed dial from Obion into the Obi.

RonR

Quote from: jimates on June 25, 2011, 12:24:18 AM
(why would you want a Speed Dial to your own OBi number?).  

Seems odd at first, but I think the Obion number for the same account will use the same speed dial list. So that would be to speed dial from Obion into the Obi.

I'm aware of that, but I think this whole scheme is a half-baked idea.  It's too resricted and inflexible.

jimates

I too think the whole circle of trust thing is worthless for anyone that has learned to configure their device. Most of us want specific directives for trusted incoming calls, not just delivery to AA.

Obihai could (and may) offer a set up to enter numbers we want placed in specific digit maps as we discussed in another thread.