News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Multiple Dial tones

Started by dvbhardware, June 24, 2011, 06:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dvbhardware

When I turn on my phone to make a call I hear about 10-11 flashes of a dial tone before I get a steady tone to dial a call,,, Is this normal ?

Jimmy

Dav3yDark0

That is a message waiting indicator. Do you have any unread voice mail or text messages on Google Voice (if that is a service you are using) or any unopened voice mail on any other service you have configured?

Dave

RonR

Quote from: dvbhardware on June 24, 2011, 06:36:29 PM
10-11 flashes of a dial tone before I get a steady tone to dial a call

Dav3yDark0 gave you the answer, but I thought you might like to know it's called a 'stutter tone' or 'stutter dial tone'.

dvbhardware

I have no unopened voice mail on GV. I will have to ask a local friend if he gets it also.

LeftRight

You get stutter tone pretty much because of voice mail, and it won't go away until you check on all your voice mails ...

dvbhardware

I had no voice mails at all, anyway I did remover the shutter ton value in the config file and it heard them no more just the one dial tone. I just need to set a value for maybe 2 tones which would be nice if in fact that is what it is intended to do,, report on voice mails.