News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Failure to import google contacts

Started by GVoice38372, January 31, 2016, 10:56:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GVoice38372

I have tried unsuccessfully on every popular browser to import my Google Contacts to my device through the ObiExtra settings menu. Same error every time, Import failed please try again later. I have 113 contacts, all with Name / numbers and no weird formatted contacts. Any idea why I cant get import to work? I'm on the month free trial and I could care less for most of the features except caller id & call blocking

Any help on getting import to take? I have the latest firmware.

BigJim_McD

Quote from: GVoice38372 on January 31, 2016, 10:56:11 AM
I have tried unsuccessfully on every popular browser to import my Google Contacts to my device through the ObiExtra settings menu. Same error every time, Import failed please try again later. I have 113 contacts, all with Name / numbers and no weird formatted contacts. Any idea why I cant get import to work? I'm on the month free trial and I could care less for most of the features except caller id & call blocking

Any help on getting import to take? I have the latest firmware.

GVoice38372,

If your OBi device is still under Warranty or if you have:
"Premium Technical Support", I suggest that you open a support ticket.

I'm currently testing the following OBiEXTRAs features on two devices.

1)  Import Google Contacts.
2)  Caller ID.
3)  OBi Voice Command.

Currently,

1)  I forward GV Calls to my "Primary OBi202" via Voip.ms with CNAM and a phone contact list that matches the one in Google Voice.

2)  I also route the same GV Calls to my "Secondary OBi202" via Google Chat.

I'm comparing the OBi device "Call History" CNAM results.

With the latest firmware, Build 5110, Caller ID CNAM is working well.  I haven't had any issues (recently) importing and saving my Google Voice Contact List into OBiEXTRAs. What I'm still looking for is when I get calls that are not in my Google Contact list.  OBi Voice Command(s) seems rather slow to me.

From my "Secondary OBi202" Status Page:

SoftwareVersion      3.1.0 (Build: 5110)
... .. ....
PhoneBookEntries      480 Unique Name/Number Pairs
OBiExtras      UnLocked
BigJimMcD